Chapter Forty-Four

Ariana's Pov

We were all on the private jet for hours now, and it seemed like everyone stayed busy doing their own thing. Pete stayed on Facetime with his girlfriend and baby Bella, Normani stayed busy with talking to her Mom, Camila was slept, Kai was in the back writing and editing songs, and I was not doing too much of nothing.

After a couple of hours, Kai finally joined us all in the front, and she sat next to me. "Hey babe," She smiled taking out my headphones.

"Hi baby," I blushed.

"Can we talk in the back? I need to tell you..... a lot," She said cautiously.

"Um yeah," I got up, as she lead me to the back and closed the door behind us. I sat on the bed, and she chose to stand.

"I should've told you earlier but I didn't think it was a big deal but I know we don't keep secrets so I feel like you should know this—"

"Kai, it's fi—"

"Camila's in love with me,"

"Dalton's in love with me," I shrugged.

"That's it? Aren't you mad I kept this from you?" She asked, confused.

"Why would I be? I didn't say anything about Dalton, and I cheated on you with him, I'm more wrong for that, and why would I care if she's in love with you? As long as you're in love with me, fuck everyone else. And she has a boyfriend," I smiled.

"Babe, you're scaring me with that smile," She said. "... what did you do?"

"I invited Shawn to one of our shows,"

"Of course," She chuckled, "....but there's more," She explained to me everything about Camila and her management, the possible PR stunts, basically everything her and Scooter talked about.

"You know we can't do those stunts," She sighed.

"I know, baby." I shook my head.

"I called the management minutes ago, I told them that if a PR stunt happens, I will propose, there's no way I'm allowing them to ruin our—"

"Propose?"

"Yeah," She shrugged.

"Why? So you can make our management mad?"

"Yeah but—"

"I don't want a fucking proposal to get out of something! I want a genuine one, why the fuck would I be okay with that?"

"Ariana it's not even like that—"

"It is. At least I did it genuinely with Pete! You want this because of a stupid PR stunt—"

"Ariana, if I didn't want to marry you, I wouldn't have stayed through all the shit we went through. Fuck the PR stunt, I do wanna marry you. I haven't did anything because less than two years ago, you got a rushed engagement. I don't wanna waste my fucking time and put that pressure on you," She explained, with anger hinting in her voice. "But I'm sorry that was a dumb idea."

"No, I should've heard you out." I sighed, "Can we just put everything aside? I miss how it used to be, between us,"

"Of course," She smiled, "So does that mean what I think it does?"

"No, we're not havi—"

"No Ari, I didn't mean that." She laughed, "But I do want that, I meant watching Harry Potter right now on the bed,"

I blushed, "Oh. Yeah, I guess that does mean what you think it does,"

"But I have to be the Dummy," She laughed.