twenty-one

( chapter ) twenty-once

( chapter )
twenty-once

SIRIUS BLACK KNEW THAT CASSIE would never admit it, but they both knew that he was right.

Ever since she had begun hanging out with the three Gryffindor girls, she seemed herself, and not the self that her parents forced her to be at home.

She was actually being herself.

The one that Sirius grew up with, her sarcastic comments and personality Sirius hadn't seen for so long, the one that was making its way back into the girl.

Sirius smiled as his sister threw her head back, laughing at something Marlene had just said, while Lily scowled, but soon smiled.

He was glad that for once, she listened to him, and made new friends, even if they weren't the friends anyone would have imagined her with.

"It seems, Padfoot." James began, as he placed a bread roll on his plate and began to spread jam on it.

"That you were right-" Sirius smiled "- for the first time in your life."

Sirius' smile didn't falter as he rolled his eyes.

"That is so nice of you to say Prongs," He began, sarcasm lacing his voice.

"At least I've been right once." He finished, cauisng James to now roll his eyes.

Then the messy-haired boy leant forwards on the table, using his knife covered in jam to beckon the other three boys closer to him.

"Are we all set then?" He asked in a hushed whisper, to which the other three boys responded with a nod of their head, a grin appearing on Sirius face, as he glanced behined him at the Slytherin table.

"They won't know what hit them." He said, furrowing his eyebrows together before adding on.

"Quiet literally." The four boys pulled their heads apart, and sat back down in their seats, each one of them grinning.

They waited a few minutes, before Remus sent a nod towards James, whose grin instantly grew. James huffed as he knocked his knife off the table, bending down to pick it up, but as he did, he opened his bag, and pulled out the dungbombs that were resting in it.

The Gryffindor placed them on his lap before slowly passing them around the three other boys, each of them now trying to conceal their grins, Remus was smiling slighty, but rolling his eyes at the same time.

The whole prank wasn't his idea, but he knew he couldn't leave the three boys to do it alone, so he helped come up with it, and after that, he obviously wanted to participate, prefect or not.

Each one of the Marauders grabbed their wands and pointed them and the half-a-dozen dungbombs that rested in their laps.

They each muttered the spell under their breath, and watched as the dungbombs went from a mixture of green and brown, to not being able to be seen at all.