Chapter 60 - til' death do us part.

Start from the beginning

"I'm so proud of you honey. He's so beautiful." She cooed, stroking his little cheek and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

My dad came over to me and wrapped me in a hug. "There's m'girl. I'm so proud of you Elana. I don't think I tell you enough but I really am. We raised a fine young lady." His eyes were glossy and I could tell he was about to cry, which was rather out of the ordinary for my dad. He wasn't an emotional character; a vast difference from my mother. "Niall!" My dad smiled as Niall came over, before shaking his hand. "I told you that you were her world, kid. And I'm glad you looked after her. I always knew you two would end up together." He winked, patting Niall on the back before leaving to go stand next to my mom.

He grinned, snaking his arm around my waist. He whispered an 'i love you' in my ear, not forgetting to press a kiss to the shell of my ear in the process. "I'm so glad your dad approves of me. He's a legend." Niall chuckled, ruffling his hair with his hands. 

Perrie came over, sharing some tips on being a new mother, which made Niall roll his eyes and leave to go stand next to the boys. 

* Niall's point of view *

"Congrats mate. He's a charmer." Harry smiled, pulling me in for a hug. "I left the gift from me and the lads next to the rest of them, they're in the nursery." 

"Thanks man, any of you want a beer?" I asked the group of boys, which all of them replied with a yes. Typical of them. I brought over a crate of beer, handing one to Todd, Louis, Harry, Liam, Calum, Ashton, Michael, Luke and Zayn. It felt like the old times, back in university when we didn't have jobs and I didn't have Elana or Leo. I didn't have responsibilities then. I didn't care back then, but then Elana came along and I cared. I cared so much about her that I didn't know what to do with myself. It almost made me cringe at how bad I was back them, drinking, smoking and partying my life away. I could've ended up like Derek, still dealing and running, but Elana was the reason I didn't. And that's when I knew I had to do the final thing I could that would set our relationship in stone. The only thing left that would make Elana mine and I hers for the rest of our lives. 

*

* Elana's point of view *

We had given Leo to my mom and dad for a couple hours, Niall insisted that since we wouldn't get much alone time that he would make a huge romantic gesture to make up for it. He had bought me a dress for our little evening. It was a black jersey skater dress with a vintage looking floral print. The sleeves were 3/4 length and sat just off the shoulder. I paired it with my black bowler hat and white block heels sandals. "You look.. amazing." He smiled, putting his hand out for me to take. He was wearing a black and white gingham shirt with a black bomber jacket and black jeans.  

"You don't look too bad yourself, Horan." I winked, "Where are we going?" I asked, once we had been driving for around 20 minutes. His hand remained on my thigh the entire time, tracing shapes on my pale skin. He just smirked, tapping his nose with his finger before placing it back on my leg. We were driving for another 10 minutes before we stopped in the middle of nowhere. He opened his car door, walking round to my side before helping me out the car. What a gentleman. 

"M'lady." He grinned, taking my hand and leading me down a pathway. It was around 8pm, and it was already dark. The only light I could see was dimly lit in the distance, and even then I was struggling to see it. We turned a corner, and as we were getting closer to the lights, I realized just what they actually were.

There was an empty patch of grass, the trees surrounding it had been hung with mason jars that had fairy lights inside, a square table occupied the once empty piece of grass, and the table was covered by a crisp white table cloth, two chairs sitting at each side of it. There was a crackling fire just a metre away from the table, which had a blanket beside it. He lead me over to the table, pulling my chair out and tucking me in before sitting down himself. I was in awe, speechless at the effort he had put in.