Chapter 25

Follow my instagram { twerkwithziall }

((Double update, yay. Since you guys requested an early update I suppose it's only fair after leaving you with a cliff hanger :)), hope you enjoy this chapter ily all))

Songs;

Nirvana; Smells like teen spirit

Jake Bugg; Lightning Bolt

The Neighbourhood; Sweater Weather

Imagine Dragons; Amsterdam

...

*Elana's point of view *

I couldn't ignore the feeling I was experiencing in my chest, maybe I did overreact but I was hurt, I feel stupid for waiting so long for him, I should have just went downstairs and confronted him for it but I knew I would have started crying and probably embarrassed myself in front of everyone. I felt embarrassed even now, my childish pj's being the only thing keeping me from freezing. I heard the door slam and someone stumbling, "Elana wait!" Niall gripped my arm and spun me around, the pads of his fingers pressing into my wrist. "Please don't leave" He plead, "I can't let you go again." I had to choose between my heart and my head, I couldn't deal with the constant heartbreak but at the same time I knew If I let him go he would find a way to make me come back.

"Niall we can't do this. Tonight was supposed to be special. Instead you got drunk." I pulled the  falling strap of my bag back upon my shoulder. He let go of my wrist and instead entwined our fingers, his fingertips caressing the back of my hand. I wanted to pull my hand away, I tried so desperately to place my head over my heart but once again failed. 

"At least let me explain, we can do this, I promise we can. Tonight can still be special." He placed his hand on my cheek, his touch burning into my skin. "Please Elana. Just let me explain." I could still smell the alcohol on him, It wasn't as strong but still there. 

"I need time Niall, I'm going back to Colorado tonight and I'll see what happens from then. You can explain when I come back." I couldn't bear to look at his face any longer, I was embarrassed, and maybe that is why I reacted so badly. I kissed his cheek, trying not to seem too harsh before I left, no more words spoken and this time, he didn't follow.

*Niall's point of view *

I sighed in defeat when I saw her leave, there was no point going after her again, she said herself she needed time. I didn't mean for tonight to end like this, I hated the look of disgust she gave me when I first came in, I just couldn't seem to get it out of my head. I did the only thing I knew would get the image out of my head. 

...

As the cold liquid ran down my throat the image of her face was getting less visible by the second. The alcohol keeping me from thinking about what had happened just hours ago, "Niall, mate. Meet Hannah." Derek laughed, his hand on the strangers back. She had a long, elegant dress on, a strange contrast from her jet black hair and piercings but suited her well. She put her hand out for me to shake and only then did I realize the multiple tattoos scattered on her pale skin. "I thought she could, you know. Take your mind off Elana." He winked, and as tempting as It sounded I wasn't going to do that to her. I may be drunk but I'm not stupid. 

"I'll pass, thanks." I lifted up my glass, motioned it towards Derek and chucked it back, swallowing the rest of the dark liquid, slamming the glass back onto the counter. "Make It a double this time." I slid the glass towards Helen and she laughed, shaking her head. 

"You're going to get me fired. Serving to an underage teen who Is already well past the legal limit. It's 5 in the morning, I suggest you get some rest and sleep through your hangover. It'll be a killer." 

"Since when has Helen Davidson ever cared about my well being." Hayley, think her name was sat down on the stool next to me, her arm around my waist, pulling me off the stool. 

"Thanks Hayley"

"Hannah" She corrected me, eh same thing.

I didn't want to sleep, I wanted to drink until I passed out, waking up with no memory of the night before just like old times but I didn't put up a fight when Hannah started walking me upstairs to my room. I was stumbling, most of my weight resting on the girl with 6 inch heels. "Man, you're heavy." She whined, pulling my arm over her shoulder. I pulled the key card out my back pocket and gave it to her, she opened the door and walked me to my bed, finally being free of my weight on her shoulders.

"I'll get you some water." She opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water and I was about to protest because that shit costs $6 a bottle but at the moment I really couldn't care less. She chucked the bottle on the bed, where I was lay sprawled out across both sides. I sat up, downing almost the full bottle. "So, who's Elana?" She sat down on the bed, taking her shoes off and laying them beside the bed. 

"Girlfriend." I answered, bluntly. 

"And what happened that you had to take your mind off her by drinking yourself numb?" Calm down with the interrogation Hayley you're not my mum.

"I kind of fucked up, end of story. Stop asking so much goddamn questions my head hurts." She leaned back and rested her head against the pillow. "She won't be happy you're here and she won't believe me when I say nothing happened."

She burst out laughing and the confused look on my face caused her to answer, "I'm a lesbian, I'm not interested in you. No offence, I mean you're hot and all but you're not my type." I started chuckling, instantly feeling a little more comfortable around her now I knew she wouldn't have tried anything. "Is it okay if I stay the night here? If not It's okay, I know Elana wouldn't like me to, I mean I'll sleep on the floor if you want me too." She rambled on, "Derek was my ride home and he's kind of drunk and I think he already left and I have no money so I can't call a ca-" 

"Hannah, shut up. You're making my head worse. Stay if you want." I rubbed my temples, desperately trying to ease the oncoming headache. I could feel my stomach churning so I quickly stood up and ran to the toilet, thankfully getting to the toilet just in time. Spewing my insides out. I flushed the toilet and groggily walked back to the bed, throwing myself down and almost instantly falling asleep. 

... 

* Elana's point of view *

 I woke up the next morning in my dorm and headed straight to Colorado, I may have been overreacting, hell I know I did but I didn't know how to handle the situation, the only idea I had was to go crazy. After a very boring 6 hour drive I finally arrived home, the wind was bitter and a thin layer of fog covered my small home village. I knocked on the door, after I seen it was locked to see my father open it and greet me with one of his infamous warm hugs. "Elana! I didn't know you were coming, It's so good to see you!" He said excitedly, resulting in a a dry cough, sounding much like a smokers cough. 

"It's great to see you too dad, I've missed you." I kissed his cheek before entering and sitting down on the sofa where Cooper, the neighbours puppy was excitedly jumping on top of my lap. "Is mom home?"

"No, she has been working a lot lately, bills are proving a bit of a struggle." He said, almost embarrassed to share this news with me. I had no idea they were like this.

"Oh, is everything okay dad? You don't seem yourself." He put his hand out for me to hold and he sat next to me, I didn't like where this was going. 

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner." I saw a tear run down his cheek, I didn't know what he was about to say but I knew It couldn't be good. 

...

((Sorry It was a lot shorter than last chapter, It was an early update so It obviously was going to be shorter, another cliffhanger, I'm sorry I had too:) but yeah.. I hope you enjoyed it, ily all sooo much, almost 100K reads:)) I'm seriously sooo happy about this book!!)