Chapter 13

(( I'm off school today and I had a bit of this written, I planned to make it longer but I can hardly look at the screen because my head is killing me:(. ))

(( follow my instagram @twerkwithziall_botfb ))

songs; 

The janoskians; set this world on fire, best friends

fun; we are yonug

billy joel; vienna

...

I walked into the room to see Niall lying on Perrie's bed watching tv, "90210, seriously?" I laughed, Niall didn't seem like the one to watch that. 

"There is nothing else on and plus, Shenae Grimes is fit." he winked and I laughed.

"In your dreams, Horan." I rolled my eyes and sat down on my bed.

I kept thinking about what Louis had said, I've only ever loved a boy once, my first and last boyfriend so far. We were 14 and his name was Sam. It felt nothing like this, maybe because I was young and It wasn't really love, I don't know but this time It hurts, every time I look at him my breath catches in my throat, I'm scared what he might say, I don't understand his personality yet, I feel on edge every time I'm with him, yet all I want to do is for him to whisper in my ear and tell me all the things I've been dying to hear. There is some sort of innocence about Niall, everyone would say I was crazy but I can see it. I can see behind the alcohol and snap backs. 

"What's your biggest fear?" I blurted out, he looked at me confused before answering.

"'I'm not scared of shit." It's going to be harder than I thought, but I'm positive I'll get through to him if it kills me. "You must be scared of something?" He shook his head and sat up on the bed. 

"Why do you ask?" He reached for a bottled water and took a sip, eyes still focused on me, waiting for an answer. "I'd like to get to know you better." His facial expression softened slightly, I don't think any girl has stayed long enough to get to know him. "Tell me about yourself." I gave him a smile which he returned. 

"I'm a very secretive man, I like to keep things to myself."

"That can't be good, can it?" I took off my shoes and pulled on some fluffy socks. 

"You want to know about my past don't you." I froze, he was smarter than he looked. "I don't trust much people, how do I know I can trust you?"  

"Considering my brother absolutely hates you and would kill me if I speak to you and here I am, that should be enough." he stood up from the bed and sat next to me. 

* Niall's point of view *

I like Elana, but do i really trust her with my fucked up past?

* flashback* (Niall is 13)

I heard the loud thud, I ran downstairs to see my mum lying on the ground, bruises on her cheeks, crying. My dad stood above her, a red streak across his face where my mum had obviously slapped him. I felt a light tap on my leg, It was Mia, my younger sister of age 4 "N-Niall, what is daddy doing?" I covered her eyes and wrapped my arm around her body, pulling her in for a hug. Tears were trickling down her cheeks. Enough was enough. I had encountered 8 years of this and I wasn't going to let Mia go through the same. "Stay here Mia." I took the teddy bear from the shelf and handed it to her. 

I ran through to the guest room and grabbed the phone dialing 999,

"999, what's your emergency." I took a deep breath and told them everything, about my dad and my mum. They were drunks, dad went to the pub every night and came back stumbling and swearing. My mum always drank in the house, there was barely a time when they weren't out their faces. The police came and so did the adoption services, they took Mia and I to a new family, Bobby and Maura. They were everything you could ask for in a family but I didn't care. My life was already ruined, I drank and smoked, always in with the wrong crowd. My big brother Greg, Bobby and Maura's son was the perfect child, he got amazing grades, perfect girlfriend. All I did was sleep around. I was good at soccer yeah but that was all. Mia was the only thing I cared about, until Bobby and Maura sent me over to the US to live with Maura's sister Jane. I was the exact same over here, though.

Here I am, 7 years later. I miss Mia more than anything but she wouldn't recognize me, she'd be 11 now. I made sure she had a good childhood, that's all I ever wanted. 

*flashback ends*

"Niall?" I turned my head to look at her, "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I stood up from the bed, wiping the tears that threatened to spill. I wasn't as strong as people thought, definitely when It came to Mia. She was the one that made me decide to go to the US, I had already ruined the 4 years of her childhood, I didn't want her to end up like me.

"Who's Mia?"

"How do you know about her." I snapped.

"when you were daydreaming, you said her name a couple times." she said softly. 

"It doesn't matter." 

"Niall, please tell me. I know you're hiding something."

"You don't know anything about me, so stop trying to think i'll change because I can't." I said coldly, she looked scared. Good. I wasn't becoming soft like Harry said. I don't let people in, I push them away. That's just the type of person I am, nobody, not Elana not even Mia can change that. 

...

(( You finally know something about Niall's past, still he hasn't opened up to Elana, though:(. I made him have a little sister in this because, why not? Mia is played by Mackenzie Foy I know she's 13 but come on, she looks about 10! ))

Thank you