Chapter 47

((Double update, only because these chapters are mainly fillers and flashbacks, and not much happens but I hope you like them nonetheless, you won't be waiting long;), enjoy!!))

songs;

Hollywood Undead; Another Way Out

Daughtry; Waiting for Superman

The Fray; You Found Me

favourite little dork to the side

...

* Elana's point of view *

I had been so distracted, so caught up in the travelling that I didn't once think about my worries at home, and then I thought, who said "you can't run away from your problems" ? I was on cloud nine, yeah the hotels weren't five star but I was only staying 2 days at the most. I was travelling the US first, visiting every state, whether it was just passing through or the destination I was hoping, but now after 4 weeks of the US, I sat here in the plane, ready to go to Europe, my suitcase overhead. It was exciting don't get me wrong, but I'd be an absolute horrible liar if I said I didn't miss the company of someone I knew.

Harvey insisted that he come, but I told him I wanted to do this alone.

* flashback *

"When we're out of University and have enough money we'll travel the world, Elana. I promise you." Niall stated in confidence, "We'll be two kids in love, travelling the world, and I'll make sure I kiss you in every country." He laughed, quickly pressing a kiss to my cheek before resting his head back on my stomach. "Y'know, travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer." He smiled, his hand on my hip and the other underneath my bum.

"I can't wait" I whispered.

* flashback ends *

Okay maybe being alone wasn't my first choice, but I only wanted to travel with him, and If I couldn't then I'd go alone. "Excuse me ma'am, can you put that away, the plane is about to take off." She gestured down towards the phone, which held a picture of Niall and I at the first party we ever went to as a couple. We were so love struck, not paying attention to anyone else, just us. It was Niall and Elana, us against the world..

"Uh yeah sorry." I mumbled, turning the phone off before shoving it in my carry-on.

*

"Captain Henderson speaking, thank you for flying with Southwest Airlines, welcome to Venice, Italy." I looked out the window, you could see water everywhere you looked, the buildings were absolutely beautiful, boats were lined up at the edge of the water and It was busy, not an overwhelming hectic mass of bodies, but just enough to know that this city was loved by it's people, and it completely showed in the architecture and construction of the buildings.

* flashback *

"D'you know where I really want to go?" Niall mumbled, eyes closed and lips sligtly parted, I murmured in response, urging him to carry on, "Venice. I don't know, there's something about it. Their roads are basically water and their cars are boats. It fascinates me." I smiled, nodding before kissing his cheek and giggling at his awestruck eyes.

"I'd love to travel the world with you." I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent of cologne and the slight smell of smoke from the boys before smiling, "I'd really love that." I whispered.

* flashback ends *

"Welcome to Greece."

"Welcome to Russia."

"Welcome to Sweden"

"Welcome to Ireland."

"Welcome to England."

"Welcome to Scotland." (MY PEOPLE)

* flashback *

I huffed, throwing my phone on the bed and plonking down, I had been angry at Niall, though now that I thought back, I had no clue why, and maybe that was a sign that I probably shouldn't have been.

I felt my phone vibrate showing I had a text from Niall.

From; Niall

I know you're angry at me but go outside baby, please.. x

I rolled my eyes at his awful attempt to win me over, but opened the door nevertheless, and there sat a bouquet of flowers, a caramel creme frappe from starbucks and tickets to go and watch the ellen show live. I bit my lip, scrunching my eyes closed.

"You're such a dork." I whispered, shaking my head.

"I know." He laughed, coming out from behind the wall and giving me a fright. "But baby I'm really sorry. I din't mean to get you angry. I do that sometimes. I love you." I laughed, kissing his pouted lip before picking up the gifts he had brought me. "So yeah, I ordered these last week since I know you love her.." He murmured shyly, entwining our hands together and following me inside.

"Thank you." I kissed him again, then rest my forehead against his. "I love you too."

* flashback ends *

So far I had been to around 32 states, (whether I was just passing through or actually visiting), around 27 different countries and met roughly 124 different people. The amount of types of people I met, things I seen, foods I tried, cities I got lost in, It was almost overwhelming. I had collected a leather journal in a small antique shop in Venice, filling it with Polaroid pictures of everything, from the beautiful rivers of Venice to the high mountains of Scotland. Everything from train tickets to plane tickets, bus tickets, receipts, currency from each country. Everything you could think of. Pictures with everyone I met. I had almost filled the journal already, and I was no where near finished with travelling.

As I lay here in the shabby 2 star motel of Thailand, I was just smiling, I didn't need a drug to make me feel good, travelling was a drug in itself, I felt like I was flying. But much like every drug, you have to come down sooner or later, you can't fly forever.

I heard my phone ringing, and when I looked down to see it was an unknown number I answered, bringing it to my ear, "Hello?" All I could hear was heavy breathing and then someone gulp.

"Shit!" Niall.. And then he hung up. I had successfully gone around 2 months more without thinking of him.... Okay maybe that was a lie, I had most definitely thought about him but I hadn't let him take over my every thought, he was there but he wasn't everywhere. It was a start wasn't it?

Because they always catch up to you in the end and it hurts worse than it ever did..

((This chapters sucky:((. I'm reallyyyyy sorry but I hope you enjoyed it any way.. Let me know, This'll be the last or second last filler chapter and then down to the real shizzzz, comment/vote/follow mee, ily all so much, stay fab))