Chapter 16

(( follow my instagram @twerkwithziall_botfb ))

The 1975; The City

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals; Paris (Ooh La La)

Noah and The Whale; L.I.F.E,G.O.E.S.O.N.

...

* Perrie's point of view *

"Niall... Niall!" I shook his shoulder until his head shot up from the pillow, he groaned before rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He sat up and I started laughing when he saw Niall had some lip gloss smeared across his cheek. 

"What time is it?" His voice was hoarse and he sounded like he was in need of a drink. 

"Time to get up, we're all going to Elana's volleyball game, It starts in 10 minutes." He lay his head back down onto the pillow and closed his eyes, I lifted the cup of water that was on his bedside cabinet and poured it over him, earning a line of cuss words from Niall.

"Get up."

He mumbled a 'fine' before swinging his legs round the bed and strolling off to the bathroom. I burst into laughter when I heard Niall moaning, "What the fuck is this?" 

* Elana's point of view *

We were all huddled up while Kevin was giving us a pep-talk "Right girls, today we're playing Illinois. The first game of the season and I want it to start with a bang, knock 'em dead girls." He gave me an encouraging pat on the back and went back over to sit with the rest of the coaches. 

I was kneeling down fixing my shoes when I heard my name,  I looked up to see a tanned, brunette girl towering over me. I had seen her a few times during practice and she was really good. I have to admit, she was very intimidating. Her golden skin and hazel brown eyes were everything you could ask for in a girl. The polar opposite from my blonde hair and pasty white skin. "You're Elana the new girl, right?" 

"uh, yeah, nice to meet you. What's your name?" I gave her a smile which she sarcastically returned. 

"Cassie, captain of the ASU girls volleyball team. I suggest you stay out of my way in this game and while you're at it, stay away from Niall as well. I like to take charge of things, Niall already knows that, though." She gave me a wink and walked off. It didn't take me a second to realize that she was probably one of the 'other girls' Niall had mentioned before. I was still shocked at how beautiful she was but at the same time how horrible her personality was.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and when I turned around it was Clara, "That's Cassie, the bitch of the team. Kevin only made her captain because of her leadership skills and most of the team is scared of her. Don't mind her she's like that to everyone apart from the boys, she acts all sweet but underneath she's a devil." Clara gave her an evil glare behind her back and I couldn't help but laugh. I was glad I had her. 

"Where does she play?" I really hoped she wasn't an outside hitter, then I'd definitely get in her way. 

"Middle blocker, don't worry about it Lana, seriously." I heard the presenter speak over the intercom signalling the game was about to start. Over at the far corner I heard the familiar cheers that I had heard on my first game and when I looked over and sure enough, Niall, Harry, Zayn, Perrie and a couple other people that I didn't know were cheering. 

...

The ball was at Cassie, she whacked the ball over to me at much too strong a force, there was no way I could have got that. It hit off my wrists and then off the net. "Well done Elana." Cassie said sarcastically. She knew exactly what she was doing, why would she jeopardize the game, because she wanted me to stay away from Niall? I don't know but I can't let it bother me.