Chapter 53

((Hiiii, If you haven't checked out 'SUITS [n.h]' I updated chapter one, so go check it out, I hope you like it!! Did anyone hear the clip of steal my girl Louis tweeted omg, I can't wait, one more week!! Enjoy!!))

songs;

The Fray; How To Save A Life (Jiggers Remix)

The 1975; She Way Out

Miley Cyrus; Adore You

The 1975; Heart Out

...

* Niall's point of view *

It was as If my ears stopped working right after she had told me, like I couldn't hear anything else but the pounding of my heart in my ears. All I could focus on was this beautiful girl in front of me and my son or daughter that was growing inside of her. For the first time in what felt like hours I tore my gaze from her face to her stomach, where I placed my hand. I hadn't realized she was crying until a tear fell onto my arm. "Shh, baby, it's okay." I pulled her in for a loose hug, I felt that If I squeezed too tight I'd hurt her, or potentially the baby. However I knew that wasn't true.

The door opening pulled me from our little interaction, my heart fell when I saw exactly who was at the door, Ellie.

"Ellie look I can explain." That was a lie. I didn't know how to explain, to be able to explain I'd have to be aware of what was happening and to be 100% certain I wasn't sure If I was still sleeping or not.

"You don't have to explain Niall." She said softly, surprisingly not shouting at me, "I can't keep you from someone you love. I hoped and hoped that you loved me back but I always knew there was something keeping you from giving into me completely. You were closed off and I knew there must've been something, someone... I guess this was it." She smiled weakly. "I guess I had it coming." A tear fell down her cheek, and I felt so terrible that I almost wanted to fall into a pit and die right there, but obviously I couldn't. I had responsibilities now. I had consequences to take care of. I brought this onto myself and I was going to get through It like an adult.

"I did love you Ellie, I just wasn't in love. You have a soul mate Ellie, I'm just sorry It couldn't be me. I'm sorry I wasted your time when you could have been finding your true soul mate. Maybe you've already met him." I smiled, and I guessed by the worried emotion she had plastered on her face she knew I was talking about Ed. They had always been such a good couple and I ruined things for them. He hadn't forgiven her, but I knew he still loved her, and I guess it was a pretty shitty thing for me to do.

"Thank you Niall. For everything." She smiled, pulling me in for a hug before smiling at Elana and leaving the room.

It felt odd, like it was over so quickly, no fuss, no screaming, no hysterical crying, nothing. I was pretty certain with Elana there would have been all of that, and maybe that's when I realised Ellie wasn't in love with me either. We just didn't like being alone, Ed travelled a lot and things happened. I vowed to never cheat on anyone again. I knew I wouldn't ever cheat on Elana again, not just because of the baby but because I truly did love her. I loved everything about her and more.

"I'm sorry I ruined things." Elana squeaked, wiping away the tears that had silently escaped her eyes. "I didn't mean to." I shook my head, walking over to press a kiss to her cheek.

"You didn't ruin anything. I did things I'm not proud of, and I know it'll take time, everything good takes time. But I want to try, because I want us to work, I'm not saying It's going to be easy but I will do the best I can, I won't let you go again, ever. That was the worst mistake of my life and I've spent the past 4 years regretting It every single day. The first time I laid eyes on you I knew you were going to be different, you were difficult, bossy, independent and worst of all a pain in the ass. But you were my pain in the ass and I love you to the end of the earth and I'll do anything to keep you and baby Horan safe. We're a family now, and families stick together. No matter what this shitty life throws at us." She laughed through her tears, her arms wrapping around my neck and pressing her lips to mines. It felt like the first time we had kissed, alcohol to a flame.

"I love you too, and may I add you look extremely handsome in a tux." She bit her lip, giggling when i rolled my eyes.

"I give you a big long speech and you tell me that? Why the fuck do I love you so much." I chuckled, my hands placing over her stomach. It wasn't noticeable at all, she couldn't be that far. It had only been 2 weeks since.

*

After a very difficult and heated discussion with both sides of our family, Ellie's dad threatening to 'mess up my pretty little face' We had finally got everyone calmed down and headed home, Ellie insisting that It was a joint decision and we couldn't stay in a relationship that had no chemistry.

"Stay with me tonight? Please, I don't want you driving back to Colorado alone." I frowned, trying to pull her into my apartment, but she whined, complaining that she was tired and I'd distract her too much.

"Fine, but Harvey was going to drive me home."

"Who's Harvey?" I frowned, closing the door behind us and kicking off my shoes.

* Elana's point of view *

"Don't get jealous Ni, he's 'batting for the other team'" I finger-quoted, cupping his jaw with my hands before pressing a short, sweet kiss to his lips.

"Well that's okay then." He pouted when I pulled away, heading straight to his bedroom. He pulled open his drawer, chucking me a t shirt.

I pulled off my play suit, gripping the large t shirt over my body where it rested just above mid-thigh. He followed, undressing himself until he was clad in only a pair of black boxers. He stepped forward, resting his hands just above my hips and pulling me closer.

"I've waited so long for this." He pressed a kiss to my neck, one of his hands cupping my face, the other sliding around to rest on my bum. "Us." He mumbled against my neck, causing a giggle to escape my lips from where his breath tickled my skin. He brought both hands up to cup my face now, his eyes blazing into my own. "Fuck, you are so beautiful." He placed his lips on my own, just lingering there for a moment before moving our lips in sync. I brought my hand to rest on the back of his head, pulling him forward to diminish the little space that was between us.

"I love you." He spoke through kisses, It wasn't a heated kiss, It wasn't one full of passion, It wasn't one which would lead to something else. It was soft, gentle and It meant something. We meant something. We were definitely made for each other, why else would we be here right now after 4 years of never seeing or speaking to each other? I suddenly felt sorry for people who hadn't found love like ours, It was something everyone deserved, everyone deserved to feel this sense of happiness, that no amount of money or friends could solace to. Sure having friends was important, but having a boyfriend that you could talk to about anything and be yourself around was essential.

"I love you too, so much It hurts." I closed my eyes as he looked at me, smiling as he guided me over to the bed. "I'm just scared." I admitted, stopping him in his tracks. He sat down on the side of the bed, his knees open so I could stand between them. His hands wound around my body, his hands clasping on my back.

"Why are you scared?" He urged, but I shook my head, trying to wave it off. "Tell me baby?" He looked up at me, smiling to encourage me.

It was quiet for a while as I decided how to tell him, "Because now I have something to lose." I sighed, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Baby, you won't ever lose me. I'm promising you that now. Okay? I love you with every fucking bone in my body and I won't ever let you walk away from me, ever." He paused, smiling as his hand rest on my stomach, "You're carrying my child, right now I don't think I could love you more."

*

((That was kinda a cute chapter idk, sorry for leaving it so long.. I hope you don't mind too much. I'm away to do all my homework ugh. #prayformel Love you guys!!!))