Chapter 45

(( I'm literally so stressed right now it's past being bearable:(, i have heaps of homework and my teachers expect them all in for the next day, I know everyone in my classes get it too but seriously?  Do teachers even realize that some of the teenagers in their class are literally crumbling under the stress they're putting on them://? Idk, but high school is hard. This update will be crappy but I'm updating because ily all and writing makes me happy, enjoy!))

songs; 

Ella Eyre; Comeback (my jam rn, It sort of describes Elana's feelings towards Niall right now;), if you listen to the lyrics)

A Great big World; Rockstar

Amy McDonald; This Is The Life (Good old Scottish tune thereee, where's my Scottish girls at:D?)

Bastille; Laura Palmer

...

* Elana's point of view *

"Elana! I haven't seen you in what, 6 weeks? This break is a lot longer than I expected it to be!" Luke shouted through the phone, waking my up from my afternoon nap. 

"Yeah, um Luke. This isn't just a break. Niall and I, we're finished. End of story." I sighed, wiping the hair from my face.

"Sure Elana, you guys are like two peas in a pod, you need each other whether you'll admit it or not." He stated, "You'll be back in his arms in no time." I bit my gum, suppressing myself from saying anything more. Luke was starting to annoy me. 

"Look, he cheated on me. I could have maybe overlooked his job, I'd be a little freaked out but I'd live, what he did, it crushed me. My heart was in his hands and he dropped it, smashing into nothing. I feel numb now Luke, just the thought alone of him and.. Cassie." I shuddered, "It brings me to tears Luke." I felt the familiar sting of my eyes, but blinked it away as soon as it started to make its way down my face. I was strong, I didn't like the fact I had relied on Niall for so long. I didn't even notice It until I no longer had him to lean on. 

"I know what he did was horrible, and you didn't deserve it but fuck Elana, you can't stay mad at him forever." He grunted, and I had a slight suspicion that Niall had set him up to this. 

"Fuck off Luke." I snapped, "You don't know what place I'm in, I'll stay mad at him until I move on, and you are in no place to tell me otherwise." I huffed, hanging up the phone and throwing it on the couch. 'stupid fucking boys' I muttered, pulling my hair into a high pony and wrapping my flannel around my waist. I had to get back home, insisting that I couldn't live on Harvey's couch any longer and finally I plucked up enough courage to tell my parents that Niall and I were no longer a thing, and I also maybe sort of dropped out of university.

*

"You what?" My mother screeched, scarping her hands through her hair and pulling at the roots, "Y-You, I can't believe you! Todd paid all that money for nothing!" She shouted. That dirty money, Todd's dirty money that I didn't want spent on me. Though of course she never knew. She just thought he was an angel. 

"It wasn't for me mom, I don't want to do volleyball, I don't want to be an accountant. I want to draw, design, plan weddings. I don't know. I thought about it and I don't want to wake up and put on some boring old shirt and knee length skirt, then drive to an office where I count all day. It's a job that would literally make you want to kill yourself." I admitted. She was shocked by my sudden change of heart, I'd always loved to draw, I'd always wanted to plan parties, see the happy face of a couple on their wedding day. "I can take courses on event planning, I don't want to spend 4 years at a university then decide I did It all for nothing. I want to travel the world, meet new people, try new food, I want to live while I can mom, please." I begged, she looked over to me father, who was too engrossed in his newspaper to be showing any care to our argument. "You were the one that didn't want me to go to Arizona in the first place." I frowned, reminiscing back to the time I had come in my dorm to see Todd, Perrie, Niall and my mom all cramped on the small couch, our argument still fresh in my mind about how I wasn't as responsible as Todd. If only she knew. 

"Gerry will you listen to this? She wants to travel the world!" She laughed humorlessly, "With what money?" She asked, clearly amused by my answer. 

"I have money saved up, I want to do this by myself. I don't need your help." I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Let the girl be. If she wants to travel the world, let her, If she wants to plan events, let her. It's her life and we have no say in how she gets to live it. We've had our fun, it's Elana's turn now." He stood up, pecking her cheek while the belt of his robe was trailing along the floor, his grandpa slippers padding along the cold tile. 

"Gerry, no. I will not let my daughter settle for less when she could have a wonderful job and a loving husband, not some teenage man whore who cheats on his girlfriend." She frowned, a crease showing at her brows. Okay I walked right into that one.

"For goodness sake's woman, If you frown any longer the wind'll change and your face will stay like that. Now let the poor girl live her life how she pleases. And that boy isn't some man-whore. He was a lovely boy, you would have known that If you tried to make effort instead of staying at that goddamn office of yours all day." His voice remained neutral, my dad rarely ever got angry, but I could see he was borderline pissed right now. I admired him for sticking up for me. I admired him for everything he did, he was my dad of course. "Now, enough with this arguing, I will book us in at Jay's and we will have a nice dinner, no bickering, and no more talk of this. Am I clear?" He asked, but it was a rhetorical question, one that was said not to be answered. I knew better than to argue when he was pissed. 

"Elana, go shower and change into something nice. Dinner at 7." My mother said quietly, her voice a lot less powerful under my dads burning gaze. My eyes trailed between the two of them before I made my way back upstairs. I definitely didn't want to be blamed for their arguing, although I knew as soon as I was with my mother alone that would be the first thing she would accuse me of.

...

(( This was an extremely boring chapter, I know. It sucked bleugh. But I'm just showing what their life is like now without each other, and how they both deal with their breakup differently, next will be Niall's turn. It's just a filler but it's better than nothing right? And remember to check out my new Zayn fanfic 'The Glee Club' Chapter one is up!!  Anyway, I hope you liked it, ily all sooooo much, stay strong!!!