Chapter 57

((I'm literally so bad at updating now and I apologize, my dog got put down on Thursday:(, I've had him for 12 years and idk I miss him a lot, I know it's silly because he's 'just a dog' to some people but practically my whole life I had him and he was my bestfriend, now it's just weird.. But anyway, I know it isn't an excuse for not updating! So, here's chapter 57!!))

songs;

Stockholm Syndrome

Girl Almighty

18

* Niall's point of view *

With Elana's stomach growing, and the time we had before the baby arrived shrinking, I was getting more and more excited to become a dad. I knew I was young, and most probably naive to the real world, but If there was anyone i'd like to spend it with it would most definitely be her.

As I pushed the trolley past the aisles of food, a certain someone caught my eye, "Niall is that you? Damn It's been a while." He chuckled, it was no one other than Elana's dad. He looked healthy, and happy. "Elana told me you two were back together. I'm so glad son, you really are her world. Don't you forget that." He smiled.

"It's so good to see you, I hope you're well." I smiled, shaking the hand that he had put out for me to shake.

"A little cancer won't stop me, son. I'm a fighter." He winked. "I suppose you're wondering why I'm in Arizona." He chuckled, and I nodded, "Since you're here I may as well tell you, we were planning to surprise Elana, we just haven't seen her in so long and we really do miss her." It suddenly dawned on me that Elana was yet to tell her mom and dad about the baby. The only people who knew now were the lads, Perrie, Harvey and a couple of friends of Elana's.

"I'll keep my mouth shut. She'll be so haopy to see you. She misses you guys."

*

"Babe, i'm home!" I shouted, only to be greeted with a loud bang and a string of cuss words.

"In here." She huffed, I followed her voice to the bedroom, where she stood on a chair in front of the wardrobe, her arms stretched out to hold up a cardboard box.

"What're you doing?" I frowned, taking the box from her hands and placing it on the bed before helping her down from the chair. "You're supposed to be taking it easy." I pouted, placing my hands on her hips.

"I wanted to make a scrap book. Y'know from when I travelled and stuff." She sounded distraught, and the bags under her eyes proved that she was tired.

I sighed, pushing a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "How about tonight we have a nice dinner, I'll cook you a fancy meal, you can have a glass of that non-alcoholic wine Perrie dropped off earlier.." I smiled, pressing a kiss to the corner of her mouth. She smiled, but it wasn't a genuine, happy-Elana smile that I loved. She was trying desperately to not let her perfectly happy facade go, but I could tell she was cracking. I knew her better than she knew herself, and I knew exactly what had her down in the dumps. Just my luck that the only thing that could cure that had just bumped into me in the supermarket.

"I love you." She squeaked, pressing a soft kiss to my lips before I replied.

"I love you too." I placed my hand on her stomach before crouching down. "And I love you Horan jr."

*

Without Elana's knowledge, her mom and dad would be arriving in around 45 minutes, the chicken had been put in the oven, the lemon sauce had been prepared and the asparagus was cooked to perfection, along with the stuffed mushrooms for the starter and the sticky toffee pudding dessert. I had decided to get dressed up in a shirt and tie, her mothers first impression of me wasn't the greatest, and to be honest she hadn't exactly seen me since. I didn't have to worry about her dad.

I heard faint cries coming from the bedroom, so i quickly made my way to the room, to see Elana sitting on the bed, head in hands clad only in her underwear. "Babe, what's wrong?" I wiped my hands on the apron that had encased my clothes from the food.

"Nothing fits! I have no clothes, all I can fit into is these damn leggings and sweats." I pulled off my apron, sitting it on the chair before pulling her in for a hug. "I'm too fat to fit into any of this." She pointed to the small pile of clothes she had made.

"You're not fat, you're pregnant." I rolled my eyes, pressing my lips to the top of her head. "What about this? I liked this dress on you." I picked up a loose flowery dress, she had worn this to Perrie and Zayn's one night.

She pulled the dress over her head, It was a little tighter than the last time she had worn it, but of course I didn't tell her that. She still looked amazing, and she was carrying my baby. "See? Beautiful." I pressed a kiss to her lips, she pulled on a pair of Chelsea boots before following me out to the kitchen.

"Is Perrie and Zayn coming?"

"Uh why?"

"Because there is four plates."

"Oh, yeah they are. I hope you don't mind?" She shook her head and smiled before sitting on the sofa. Around 10 minutes later the door bell rung, and I knew that Elana would be so happy to see who was on the other side of the door. "Can you get the door please?"

* Elana's point of view *

I stood up from the sofa, pulling my dress down from where it had rode up. I was happy Perrie and Zayn were coming don't get me wrong, I just wasn't in the mood for company.

I opened the door to greet Perrie and Zayn, only instead to be pulled into a huge hug by the two most important people in my life. "Elana, I missed you so much! It's been so long!" My mom gushed, kissing me on the cheek before my dad did the same.

"It's good to see you darling, I hope you don't mind us stopping by?" Niall walked up behind me, his breath hot against my ear.

"Surprise babe." I bit my lip and closed my eyes, I can't believe him. I just hope they don't notice my bump before I have the chance to tell them myself.

Niall greeted my parents, pulling them in for a hug. "Nice to meet you again love." My mom smiled at Niall, and I was glad she was making the effort. The two weren't exactly best friends after their first encounter.

"Would you like a glass of wine?" He asked, showing her a bottle which she grinned at and nodded. She always did like her wine. "And for you Mr Wothers? Wine? I have some whiskey, if that's what you like."

"Whiskey sounds good. Thanks, son." He winked before they both sat down at the table, drinks in hand and genuine smiles plastered on their faces. This night could only bring happiness, and the sour mood that had drowned me all day had vanished and was out of sight. I was surrounded by 3 of the most important people in my life, I had a beautiful boyfriend, an amazing house and a beautiful baby boy or girl on the way, life couldn't have gotten much better.

(( I have school tomorrow and it's late and I have homework so I'm sorry if it's sucky. Botfb has 3 more chapters and then sadly we will have to say goodbye to Nelana:(. Yet again I'd like to apologize for not updating, I'll try get back into the swing of things. PLUS WHO HEARD FOUR WHEN IT LEAKED I WAS LIKE HOLY. I TRIED TO BE STRONG AND NOT LISTEN BUT EVERYONE WAS TELLING ME IT WAS SO GOOD SO I CRACKED IM SORRY. I LOVE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY/SLEEP WHATEVER TIME ZONE IT IS IN YOUR COUNTRY BYE!!))