Chapter 15

(( Follow my instagram; twerkwithziall_botfb ))

songs; 

Jake Bugg; Two Fingers

The 1975; Chocolate, you 

Loveable Rogues; What a night

...

Niall had fell asleep in the car on the drive home, I was trying hard to focus on the road but I just couldn't seem to shove Niall's words to the back of my mind,

'I'd wish for you, Elana'

He was drunk and he probably wouldn't remember a thing in the morning but they do say, drunk words are sober thoughts. Light snores escaped his lips every so often, I looked over to Niall, he was visibly drunk, his cheeks a little flustered and the bags under his eyes undeniable. The little spat we had earlier was the last thing on my mind, I just wanted to tell him how I felt, although it is never that easy. I parked in the student car park before waking Niall up, "Niall." I shook his shoulder earning a sleepy moan. 

"We're here." His eyes flickered open, blinking rapidly for a couple seconds, adjusting to the darkness. He clicked his seat belt off and smiled before exiting the car, me following slightly behind.

... 

* Niall's point of view *

I didn't know whether it was the alcohol coursing through my veins or that only a short while ago I had open handedly admitted my feelings for Elana but I couldn't seem to fall asleep. I had told her, hoping not to get an answer and thankfully she never did. I couldn't prepare myself for an answer that would either break me or make me.

The alcohol was now starting to drain from my system, I could feel it. I felt nauseous, as If I would be sick any minute now and I felt worn-out, mentally and physically. 

I drink in attempt to ease the pain, I felt guilty for snapping at Elana, although I'm too stubborn to apologize. I have a bad past, am I really willing to pull her down with me?

I could remember what Maura had said to me, 'come back when you've sobered up, when you're clean from every dangerous possibility.'  I knew what she meant by that, she meant the drugs and fighting. 

I wanted to see Mia, more than anything. 

I peeled back the covers, pulling my jeans and shirt off. I hadn't bothered changing, I was too tired.

I went into the bathroom, filling a glass of water. The water was cool and refreshing as It ran down my throat. I heard Elana stir in her sleep, quietly I placed the glass back down and went back to bed in a desperate attempt not to interrupt her peaceful sleep. 

 * Elana's point of view *

I woke up to someone being sick, remembering the events of last night, It was Niall. I pulled the covers back and stepped from the bed, walking into the bathroom, I could see a layer of sweat glistening on his skin and when he turned around to face me, the bags under his eyes signalled that he hadn't got much sleep. I opened the cupboard where Perrie kept her medicine and poured two Advil tablets into my hand, filled a glass of water and handed them to him, "You don't get hangovers?" I teased, I was treading lightly, unsure of whether he was still mad at me for bringing up his past. 

He chuckled lightly before gulping down the tablets and water. "Are you mad at me?" I asked quietly, suddenly finding the thread of my tee very interesting. 

"Shouldn't I be asking you that, I'm the one who phoned you up in the middle of the night to come pick my drunk ass up." He was right, 

"But If It wasn't for me you wouldn't have been drinking." I started playing with my t shirt again, hearing the toilet flush then the tap go. He tilted my chin up with his hand, his thumb lightly tracing over my lips, for a second I thought he was going to kiss me. 

"I'm not mad at you Elana." I smiled lightly, he removed his hand from my chin and smiled back before going back to bed. I had a game today and I was slightly hoping Niall would come, but seeing the state he is in I doubt that he will. "I'm sorry to be a pain in the ass but would you be able to drive me to McDuffy's, I need to get my car."

"I'll drive you after my game." he mumbled a thank you, I mentally cursed, I was trying to hint for him to come, obviously he never caught on. 

I walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I pulled the t-shirt over my head and stripped off the rest of my clothing, I turned the dial to hot and stood underneath the scorching water in hope for it to relax my muscles.

After I had washed myself I turned the shower off and stepped out, wrapping a cotton towel around my body. I pulled on my undergarments then volleyball kit and ultimate digs before combing through my hair and drying it. I scraped it back into a hair tie then added some concealer to any blemishes. I exited the bathroom and saw Niall fast asleep on the bed, I leaned down and kissed his cheek before picking up my bag and leaving the room. 

...

(( This is sort of a filler chapter because not much happens in it but it's leading up to something big! Does anyone here like The 1975? I have a new found obsession with them, they are amazing!! Anyway comment and vote please, the reaction I've been getting to this story if beyond words, I'm so thankful that people read it and thank you for 13.5K reads! At the start i said that even 80 reads was big for me so this is a huge step.. Don't forget to follow my instagram (( @twerkwithziall_botfb )) and spam me! I make video edits but I suck at photo edits so maybe If you guys could make me some edits of Niall and Nina Nesbitt because there isn't many manips that I can edit:( anyway this is a really long and boring a/n and probably nobody reads these but if you do then thank you so much! ilysm never forget that☮! ))