Ch 49: Basic Witches

Bash POV

Noviana's heels clicked as she walked beside me, the sound on the marble floors of the palace uniquely hers and oddly soothing to my wolf.

Her confident gait was told in the simple sound.

Click, click, click. A quick but steady echo from her added six inches of height.

How she steadily walked in forests with those things was beyond me.

So was how she could possibly keep her footsteps soft.

As if sensing my strange thought process the thin blonde woman looked over at me, "Sebastian. We should accomplish our goal within the next few days, otherwise your health may permanently suffer."

I smiled patiently at the woman, ignoring the way her gown exposed tempting glimpses of skin.

They always did.

"I informed the necessary officials via pack link when we arrived in the city. They know to expect me in the throne room for a royal decree."

Humor glittered in her eyes, "are you supposed to wear some hideous crown for such things?"

Yes, "I am terrible at following that rule."

"Pity, I was hoping to be amused."

"Perhaps another time." I replied blandly.

He pace slowed slightly as we reached the doors of the thrown room.

Then, with a snap or her fingers they flew open before I could even reach to push them open.

So much for holding open doors for a lady like my mother taught me.

Mine likes to make her entrances grand.

Every. Fucking. Time.

She followed me inside, chin held high and gaze stony.

I greeted the gathered crowd with a nod as I sank into my gilded throne upon its dais.

The snowy haired blonde leaned  against its side, one creamy leg exposed to nearly her hip through the slit in her dress.

I gazed over everyone in attendance, those who would be responsible for broadcasting my message, the representatives for the future king candidates, the candidates themselves, my beta, and several other necessary people.

I was sure the candidates wouldn't be pleased, they had expected a decision from me on who would take my place.

They were about to be told none.

I noticed Mase eyeing Noviana cautiously.

The woman certainly knew how to put a room on edge.

I sighed slowly, "I gathered you all here because I have come to an important decided that effects our people as a whole."

The room waited in utter silence.

I resisted the urge to glance at Nova for her reaction. But I assumed she was watching them all like a hawk while appearing utterly at ease.