Ch 48: Questions

Bash POV

That... was a bad idea.

The sex was great but she was right about the pain.

I tried not to cringe as I sat in a chair of Noviana's... I actually don't even know what this room is.

Looking around there's shelves and shelves of jars, bags, and boxes filled with fuck knows what; the labels seemingly written in another language.

The rest of the room consisted of a cauldron over a fireplace, the table I'm currently seated at, and a long counter.

Nova was at the counter grinding something and putting it in a miniature of the cauldron. "Nova... where did I follow you?"

She didn't even glance my direction, flipping a page in her book, "my workroom. I have orders to fill."

"Ah." I replied, taking a closer look at the shelves, "so these are all ingredients for spells?"

"Yes."

"Whats that language?" I asked.

She didn't reply.

"Nova?" I turned to look at her, only to find her staring at me blankly. "What?"

"why do you wish to know?"

I shifted, slightly uncomfortable under her unwavering gaze, "well we decided to become mates right? So I might as well learn a little about what you do..."

Try and figure out how to explain to my entire race that the murderess I was going to mark wasn't so bad and no we shouldn't have an uprising and no I wasn't going to behead her.

"It is in common tongue among other languages, simply in code."

"Oh. Uh why?"

"If i am robbed it will be difficult to tell what's valuable and whats not as well as whats legal and what is not." Her gaze turned cold, "seeing as the wolves deem what is okay for other beings."

"We only ban the murder and harm of hu- fucking hell Nova how much of this is human?"

No reply, she just started chopping something.

"What are you making?" I tried again.

"A potion."

Okay...thats not too bad, "for what?"

"To increase the vitality of ogre sperm, I was hired to do such for an arachnid woman who wishes to experiment with crossbreeding as a means for powerful soldiers. Ogres are strong but have notoriously weak potency."

I shouldn't let her do that.

That would cause someone harm not to mention breed more monsters in this world.

Every instinct I had told me not to let her finish that spell.

I forced them back, "...interesting."

"It will not work."

"Oh?" I felt slightly better about that, "are you sure?"