Ch 25: Anatomy

Sebastian POV

The throne room was filled with groups of wolves, all of them from one of four packs.

We had the future alpha kind narrowed down to four men. All of whom I have met previously on multiple occasions.

None of which stand here today.

After all the best reflection on an alpha is their pack members. It would do no good to have them hovering over the men selected to represent them.

Less honest opinions.

Less honest actions.

When the Alpha is looking over your shoulder, one is more inclined to sing his praises and be on their best behavior.

Each pack member reflects the decency of their alpha.

So far, all of the men present seem to be decent wolves.

My gaze slid to mason as we walked into the room, whispering, "honestly Mase, I am shocked no ones had me murdered yet. So many eyes gleaming with greed."

My beta sighed, "Alpha..."

"Fear not Mase..." I waved him off as I sat in my utterly ridiculous throne, "I may be stubborn but I am not stupid. I have payed close attention to the wolves here and who they represent."

He didn't look nearly as relived as I thought he would as he stood next to my throne.

Very litter effects Masons spirits outwardly, worry almost never crossed his features publicly.

A beta is an alphas only confidant save for their mate once found.

Even then, a man often wishes to spare his mate from too much stress and as such. Alphas often skim gruesome details with their mates, depending on the woman.

Nearly always when they are are pregnant.

A betas ability to publicly appear calm even knowing the worst of circumstance is essential.

There was only one thing I could think of that could cause such behavior.

It was also something Mason was failing to do for the first time in his life. "Mason." I whispered harshly as the room began to calm, "is all well with Veronica? You seem troubled. I know the pup has yet to arrive, is she unwell? I thought the doctor said she had another week before it became dangerous?"

"Its not Ronny," he muttered, "I just worry at your sudden haste for a replacement."

"Perhaps I am simply tired of being pestered and have decided that i should pick a replacement for your child if it turns out it is not a male alpha."

"But.." Mase started to protest before sighing, " very well Alpha."

I shot him a strange look before clearing my throat loudly.

The entire room silenced.

My gaze shifted over room, "I have selected the future alpha king."