Ch 32: Dahlias

Sebastian POV

I called Mason into my office, not wanting to distress Veronica so soon after giving birth.

I set Noviana up with one of the maids for a tour of the gardens.

The poor she wolf nearly jumped when the blonde snapped her fingers and a lace umbrella appeared in her hands.

It appears the witch is very fond of keeping her flesh that milky hue.

Mason frowned a bit as he looked around the office, "is your mate nowhere nearby Bash? Ronny wanted me to invite her by sometime for tea as a thankyou."

"I don't think thats wise Mason, to invite a witch to tea."

"I agree," he sighed, "but she insists."

"She wont for long." I murmured, "as you know Noviana is a peculiar woman... and she knows things."

"It appears so, yes."

"Well. Earlier after your pup-"

"Angelique." He noted with a smile, as if I would have forgotten.

"Yes... after Angelique was born she said something."

That smile faded, "yes. It upset Ronny a bit but she understands that miss Nivara has a funny was of speaking now."

Funny way of speaking...

I thought of the way Noviana actually does speak, the occasional rhyme, nonsensical thoughts and always in a soft smooth voice.

She certainly does speak oddly but she always seems to have a point. "Yes but Mason, Nova claims that your daughter..." i hesitated, "is not long for this world."

"Not long..." his brows furrowed in confusion before he went pale, "what did she do?!"

"Nothing." I murmured, finding it hard to look him in the eye. "Nothing she did caused this Mason, these things happen, and often in our race."

He shook his head, growing more upset, "then she can fix it, shes a witch-"

"No." I cut him off, "Noviana will not fix Angelique."

"Why not?" He growled.

"The cost is too great."

"The cost?" He snarled, "I would give anything for my daughter Sebastian, name her price and ill give it."

"No..not the price to you Mason, to her."

"To her? What could possibly be so hard for that woman?"

"To save your child she would need to give up the ability to have her own."

He paused, briefly, "so you intend to take her as yours then?"

"Absolutely not."

"Then why," he began, "does it matter? If your not going to get the woman pregnant she-"