Ch 3: His Eyes for my Skull

Nova POV:

"Lady Nova...Zombies all dead." Drawled Grug sadly.

I looked up from my crystal at the massive earth golem to where he was peeking in my window, "that was their task Grug... the stars told me of the wolf king and his imminent death. I am testing him."

"Zombies dead."

"I know." I soothed, "I will make you more toys when you complete your task."

"Task?" He rumbled.

"Mmhm." I ran a nail over the ball, the image from earlier that night of the two wolf men coated in the blood of the undead. "You see this man Grug?" I tapped the image of the king, a beast of a man with rippling muscles and sharp predatory features.

"Grug sees."

"Kill him and bring me his corpse." I stroked the image softly, his honey gold eyes rimmed in ruby filled with fire. The mark of the first Alphas blood. "But be sure his eyes are undamaged."

"Eyes no hurt?"

"No.." I murmured, "they are so beautiful."

"What eyes for lady Nova?"

I ran a sharpened nail under my own eyes, "me. I am finding myself board seeing through my own eyes."

"Lady Nova eyes pretty." Grug grunted.

"Thank you Grug. Now go kill him."

"Okay."

The earth rumbled as he walked away into the woods.

I sighed a bit as I distantly heard a tree fall.

This king has passed my first test, seemingly very interested in playing along.

I wonder how he will handle the next one?

I snapped my fingers, the large crystal orb becoming clear once more.

His lungs for a life spell.

His intestines for curses.

His heart for a sacrifice.

His bones for my house.

His eyes for my skull.

I glanced at my own reflection in the mirror.

My pale skin, light blonde hair and smoke silver eyes rimmed in black.

Yes. His eyes for my skull.

They would look so much lovelier on me with my powders and my rouge.

Their beauty is lost on such a rugged man.

After deciding the use for his eyes tonight I chose not to dwell on it.

I would bathe beneath the moonlight and await my golems return.

Or. The feeling of his tie to be being severed by his destruction.

Sebastian POV:

I sat on a ridiculous gilded throne missing my house. The real one.

The one I built into the mountain side that wasn't a ridiculous palace.

"Alpha." One of the servants bowed, "wine?"

"No." I sighed, "thank you."

Mason looked at me carefully from where he stood beside my throne, "your moods gone down since last night."

"I was thinking." I rumbled, "and I doubt that the zombie messages were the end. We need to make sure all boarders of the city are secure."

"Of course Alpha."

I spotted a heavily pregnant Veronica waddling along briskly theory the shadows, heavy tray in hands.

Frowning I looked to Mason who had, obviously, already noticed his mate, "Mase..."

"Hmm?" He asked eyes not leaving her as she placed the tray down by some visitors that were apparently important enough for me to actually use the throne room and as an entertainment space where they can dine. The brunette rubbing her back unconsciously.

"Are you certain she will not take leave or at least take an easier job tending to the gallery or perhaps kitchen inventory? Anything but lugging around heavy trays."

"I wish." He sighed, "but she refuses and if I asked you to reassign her I would certainly be murdered in my sleep."

"Very well...why are all these people here?"

"They all wish to nominate a man to be the future king. Each table is for a different man."

I stared at him for a moment, entirely unimpressed, "I could be hunting." I could be tracking the witch who makes heartless zombies.

I could be killing her.

"I picked a king we will see if it works out when your lovely mate gives birth."

"Then consider this a backup."

I hummed a bit, "if I wanted to waste my time I would have done so with a very beautiful woman in my bed." rising from my throne, capturing the attention of everyone in the room, I grinned, "this gathering is going to be postponed I have a very important meeting thats suddenly occurred."

With no further explanation I left the room, Mase on my heels, "seriously Alpha... again you are not coping well. for the past year you have buried yourself in more women than ever previously."

"Well Mace, I'm not going to get the opportunity to have sex with someone I'm spiritually tied to, which I'm assuming is as mind blowing as people say?"

He didn't answer.

Which means yes, "exactly, so I am gonna have as much astonishingly kinky sex as I can until I die." I made my way through the foyer and out the grand doors, "but today isn't about the pleasure of the carnal sort... I gazed out at the city beyond, wolves mingling, carriages driving by carefully, people bustling through their normal lives. And beyond, forest as far as the eye can see. "It's about the hunt."