Ch 18: Just a Kiss

Sebastian POV

Noviana has been haunting my dreams for the past three days.

I gave Mase my two days.

Both of which I avoided him and all of his so called advice.

But every night when I fall asleep I see her, her moonlight skin, midnight eyes, and starlight hair. The full pout of her blood red lips.

In my dreams she's always sitting on a tombstone at the edge of a cliff, staring up at the stars.

She never moves, never gazes my way.

She just sits there and watches the stars before disappearing as I woke.

I dreaded falling asleep.

Dreaded seeing her.

The sharpness of her cheekbones and her button nose. Those wide eyes and full lashes.

The light blonde hair that brushed the small of her back as she walked.

I dreaded falling asleep. My wolf side in control.

Drooling over her. Over the way her chest rose and fell as she breathed, the way she looked at the nights sky, her entire face softening.

So.

I drank.

A lot.

I drank when I retired to my house or my chambers in the palace, hoping not to see the witch when I closed my eyes.

~~

She was wearing a sheer black robe edged with feathers that clouded around her.

Otherwise she was utterly naked, her body fully visible and outlined.

Her eyes where closed as she sat on the tombstone, chin tilted up and features bathed in moonlight.

They fluttered opened as I walked closer to her, gaze shifting to me, "Alpha King?"

I froze.

Slowly she slid her feet onto the ground, walking further from the cliffs edge, "Interesting. You must have been thinking of me."

"I wasn't." I scoffed.

"You are in my scrying dreamscape." She mused, "where the universe speaks to me loudest. the only way for one to enter would be if your two souls were connected and both sides where thinking of one another as they fell into unconsciousness."

I swallowed hard.

Soul connection would be our mate bond.

"I was thinking of those beautiful eyes of yours." She murmured, "and how pleasurable your body is."

"I don't care. Why are we in a cemetery?"

"The dead beneath my feet, the life that grows from it and the spirit that dances around it.
Cemeteries are truly beautiful places."