Ch 21: Exhausting

Sebastian POV

Chaos.

That is the only word that could possibly describe what Noviana Nivara just unleashed with a few murmured words and the snap of her fingers.

The ridiculous sleeves of her dress fluttering around her along with the skirts as the rest of the coven swarmed into the room, twelve of them in total.

Furniture was swirling through the air and crashing into walls, her golem was consuming dirt from potted plants and growing by the second.

It took a matter of moments for the crystal chandelier to be torn from the ceiling and into the swirling mass.

Several of the witches and my wolves slowly began to step back, retreating to the corners of the room where the were less likely to be harmed by whatever this was.

And in the center of it all stood Noviana, looking utterly bored with the entire thing, arms crossed as her gaze traced the chandelier every time it passed her, "you know..." she began softly, yet somehow heard in the howling wind, "that crystal thing is horrible."

She held up a hand as it passed her again.

It stopped.

She closed her hand into a fist.

It shattered into thousands of tiny pieces, "better."

One of the coven witches began chanting, hurtling dagger at the Novaiana, the metal turning to flame mid air.

without even turning to look at it, the blonde waved her hand over her shoulder, as if swatting an insect.

The dagger changed course and hit home in the throat of the witch, "do not even bother. The most powerful one of you feels as if they are psyche class witch at best." She turned to look at them all, eyes cold, "do you know what a psyche class witch is to me?"

Another one thought to try a spell.

She got two words in when with a quick utterance, she suddenly lost her breath in the most literal manner possible.

Choking to death on nothing at all.

"Nobody?" Noviana asked, "not even you Charlotte? We did live together before you foolishly thought to steal from me and runoff into the sunset. Surly you knew we would cross paths again. You are so very close bye."

The brunette in question swallowed hard but said nothing.

Nova didn't seem to care in the slightest, "spell fodder." She mentioned offhandedly, "nothing more than spell fodder, you lot wouldn't even make decent zombies."

Rather than attack the next witch thought to run, flinging open the door she came from.

And finding nothing but darkness.

"Oh." The blonde murmured, "no, this party of ours has just started. There is no leaving yet."

The woman from earlier who invited us all inside took a step towards Nova, only to be stopped by Charlotte, "don't Rosalyn!"

Nova eyed them for a moment, "Interesting."

"I gave mary traces of Novianas magic remember? You can ask her what will happen if you attack, Rosalyn. Think."

"This is my coven and this bitch-"

"Shes Necromancer class!" A red haired girl cut in, presumably Mary, "a-and something else I don't know."

"Spirit." Nova supplied.

Mary looked at her.

"I am higher than simple necromancer class. Spirit class."

"Theres no such thing."

Nova ignored Rosalyn, instead looking at Charlotte, "oh? You didnt share your loot with your sisters." She hummed, "Interesting."

"What is she talking about?!" Rosalyn snapped.

"My book." Noviana held out a hand, "now."

Charlotte shook her head, "I don't have it anymore, I-"

"Grug."

"Yes Lady Nova?"

"Fetch."

The golem laughed a bit, much larger now, nearly my height.

He walked straight through the wall, eating a bit of rubble as he passed.

"That book." Nova began, "Is not for the eyes of lesser witches."

Charlotte opened her mouth to protest, cutting herself off with a scream.

Blood dripping down her cheeks like tears.

Nova watched on, expressionless as some of the witches tried to help the brunette, holding out her hand as Grug returned placing a large book in her open palm, "Grug find in bed!"

Nova paused to look at the Golem, "you didn't eat the mattress did you?"

The golem looked at his feet, "a little."

"Spit it out."

"But-"

"Now."

"Yes Lady Nova."

Satisfied the blondes returned her attention to the book, its cover like oil, speckled with the nights sky. "Spirit class witches are not made." She murmured tracing the spine, "they are born. From birth I have had more power to than any of you will achieve in a lifetime. Combined"

Slowly she stepped back, the room settling.

Grug began to spit out the dirt he had eaten as Nova nodded to him. "I tell you this because it would be a pity for a witch to die that utterly stupid."

Novas soft voice began to take a lyrical tone as she spoke in what I could only assume was tongues.

One by one, the coven witches caught fire, turning to ash and filling the room with a acidic smell of burning flesh until we were left with nothing but ash raining down upon us like snow.

Nova looked back at myself and my wolves, "My. That was exhausting."

She crumpled to the floor in a heap of dark fabric and pale flesh midnight eyes rolling back.