Ch 35: Clever

Noviana POV:

I woke in the middle of the night, sweat having cooled on my body and the alpha kings arm around my waist, his face buried in my neck.

Our bodies were pressed against one another, limbs tangled.

I shifted a bit under the weight of his muscled arm, surprised to have fallen asleep after intercourse.

Although he was vigorously pleasuring my body for hours.

It was overall an exhausting and overwhelming experience.

One I would be keen to repeat, minus what is currently occurring.

I moved slightly out of his grip,

Only to have him pull me back, stirring in his sleep as he nipped my neck softly.

I frowned slightly, debating just using magic when my gaze trailed to the ceiling.

I grew slick between my thighs. Again. Recalling the dizzying appearance of the stars as I climaxed that final time before sleep took me.

The sight was truly glorious, the moon and its stars brilliantly displayed above.

The glass portion of the ceiling was foolish for security seeing as it likely lacked a spell, but beautiful. I shifted again, turning for a better view.

This time he began to awaken, "...Nova?" He questioned sleepily.

"Sebastian."

"You're still here."

"You were not inclined to release me." I replied blandly.

"You still could have left." He growled softly, lying on his back to gaze at the stars next to me, "and yet here you are."

"So I am."

In the quiet darkness of the early morning hours his voice was softer.

Here in his own home with his pack safely sleeping in the city below, his palace left behind. He was a different man.

Turning to me, those amber eyes searched my face, "what is your goal here?" He murmured softly, not an accusation but a genuine question.

I snapped my fingers, a light orange majismoke appearing before me on a bone cigarette stick.

I dipped it in a nearby candle to light it, inhaling softly before I answered, "I do not have one. The stars have informed me of nothing of importance relating to this."

"Then why-" he began.

"Because. They stars have never been silent to me." I replied before he could finish, gazing at the soft silver smoke as it spun through the air, "what is your opposition to this?"

"Because of who you are." He murmured softly more to the darkness than to me.

I offered him my cigarette stick, "who I am? I am but a stranger to you. Is that not the norm for your people?"

He eyed the offering, "that cigarette-"

"Majismoke." I corrected, "Starlight Majismokes are the best on the market and they will no harm you, they will not alter you. The replenish your chakras. Wondrous for after hefty magic use or strenuous activity."

With a small sigh he took a drag, nose wrinkling a bit as he blew out the silvery smoke, "overpowering florals there Noviana."

"Nova." I took back the smoke? "And they make lighter versions. I just prefer things to be... heady."

"I can tell." He rumbled sensuously.

"So what is the real issue with our relationship." I questioned blandly.

"I am the leader of my race." Sebastian insisted stiffly, "I am to embody all that a werewolf should be, to follow the sacred destiny put upon us when we were first created, to be the example for all other wolves. We are meant to kill demons and vampires, ogres, trolls, and witches alike because they prey upon humans. My entire destiny and life's work is this. If I were any other wolf then perhaps-" he cut himself off, shaking his head, "You are a woman who preys on the mortals I am bound by sacred oath to my goddess Luna to protect."

"And yet she assigned me to you?" I murmured around smoke, "did she not."

"Nova." He almost whined, sounded more vulnerable than he ever has, "It is much to early and I am far too sexually sated to have this conversation. This is not pillow talk little witch."

I rolled over so my chest was pressed firmly against his, "I had promised in a deal with your beta that I would be a mate to you. so this is something I must ask about."

His fingers ran through my pale blonde locks, "I think you are a disturbing woman with little to no morals Noviana. But I find myself ensnared by you anyways." A soft kiss to my lips, "you are nothing I wanted yet everything I desire at once and I can only assume there was a mistake made by the goddess. Perhaps she will give our souls to more compatible beings in our next lives."

"You're dying." I replied bluntly, "and I have several hundred years."

He blinked, "huh?"

"My particular type of witch lives a very long time."

"...how old are you?" He murmured.

"That is no business of yours wolf king."

"You-"

"I am wondering why it is you have not formally rejected me as your king is supposed to when they do not wish to mate their fated."

He seemed surprised that I knew of formal rejection for a moment before his gaze grew softer and almost sad. "Because I want you with every bone in my body, even as my mind rebels against you. I would rather die, like this in a limbo than without having tasted you again."

I arched a brow, "now thats just foolish."

"I haven't been clever since I met you." He replied, deadpan.