Ch 20: A Game of Chase

Nova POV:

I watched Sebastian and those other wolves walk into the witches abode through my crystal ball.

The dark haired one placed a hand on his bicep.

My eyes narrowed at the image as she smiled up at him.

I disliked the inability to hear conversation through crystal at moments such as these.

Did this witch not know he was a wolf?

He was surly going to kill her.

Or he has acquired a taste for witches.

Likely going to kill her. That is what he does and she or someone more powerful than her more than likely can sense my magic on him.

I tend to leave traces on everything I touch, as powerful as I am.

And I touched the Alpha King, quite a bit.

Traces of my magic will be on him for weeks to come.

Someone may have sensed my magic, but never having met me wouldn't know who's it was.

It could quickly become dangerous for lesser witches.

I saw her admiring his eyes, his muscular system.

Likely sizing up his worth in parts.

Something she would pay dearly for if she tried to take.

I enjoyed his ministrations and the next time I saw him likely would again.

But he insisted on dying anyways, I shall simply aid him in his quest a little sooner than the goddess luna intended.

The group walked further into the house, gathering in a sitting room and chatting lightly.

I drummed my nails on table next to my scrying ball, why is no one attacking yet?

This was quickly growing boring. I was just nearly about to turn away from the crystal ball and start on one of my orders when a short brunette entered the room, hair pinned back in a sever bun save for a few strands escaping.

I glared at the image of her, resolute. "Grug."

The ground shook as the golem approached the house peering in the window, "yes lady Nova?"

"Make yourself compact, we are making a house visit."

He laughed loudly, "okay! Grug be tiny now!"

"In your mud pit Grug. Not my garden." I commented quietly.

"Okay..." His booming footsteps retreated from as I walked to the stove, pulling a vial from the shelf above it.

The brunette hair within it shifted.

As the sound of Grugs laughter became quieter I gathered what we would need and stepped onto the porch where he was waiting.

I looked down at him, now only reaching my knees, before holding out a hand, "come along Grug."

Smiling widely to reveal his mark, now on his tongue he took it, "Grug thinks Lady Nova has soft hands."

"Thank you Grug." I hummed before throwing the ingredients in a nearby puddle and spitting in it. "do not let go otherwise you will never return."

"Grug stay with Lady Nova."

"Yes yes, in we go."

I stepped into the puddle as it began swirling with color, pulling Grug along with me as I sank.

We dropped through the ceiling of the covens sitting room, myself landing on my feet.

Grug on his face.

I sighed softly as everyone stared at us, wide eyed, "Grug." I murmured, crouching beside him, "did you break anything?"

He peeled himself off the floor, laughing loudly, "Grug okay!"

"Good. Now be quiet until I need you."

"Ok-"

I shot him a look, brow arched.

He immediately silenced and nodded.

I looked around the room, ignoring the wolves for now, "this is...cozy." The distaste slipped into my voice on the last word.

The group continued to stare so I addressed the witches first, well, one witch, "this is what you chose then?" I asked softly, gazing around at the soft pink carpet and the creme walls.

Silence.

I met the brunettes gaze, "Well Charlotte?"

"Its Emberlyn now Noviana." Was the first foolish thing she said.

I scoffed lightly, waving my hand at one of the chairs, sending it sliding across the room to me before sitting, "yes yes, one of the traditions of you lesser witches is to change the names given to you by the stars." My gaze flickered over them all, "how disrespectful to the powers that be. Charlotte. This is what you chose? Yes or no. Its simple really."

"Yes." She murmured suddenly sounding as minuscule as her power.

"And do they know?"

She looked to the one with the black hair.

"Only her then?"

A tiny nod.

"Well, would you like to tell the others?" I extended a hand the long sleeve of my dress flowing with me.

No response.

I leaned back in my chair, sharp nails drumming the armrest, "very well then." I gazed up at the gaudy crystal chandelier, candles flickering, "Charlotte was my apprentice several years ago. And it was her hair that led me to this...lovely abode. Now. What is it you are doing with my wolf? I assure you if your intention is to scrap him for parts I have long since lain my claim on him and the value of his organs."

"Pretty eyes valuable!" Grug chimed.

"Grug." I warned.

"Grug quiet now."

I frowned a bit but let it go, "now, I assume he was here to kill you all, something I intend to do first seeing as you are harboring a little thief." My gaze snapped back to Charlotte.

She took a step back.

My lips curled up at one corner ever so slightly.

I am not nor have a ever been opposed to a game of chase.