Ch 33: Spell Fodder

Noviana POV:

I crossed one leg over the other, frowning slightly at Sebastian, "why have I yet to see the temple of Luna?"

He didn't look up from the papers he was reading, "because you predicted the death of my betas child. We need a moment for that to settle before we allow you into the most sacred space known to our kind."

"I don't see why." I hummed, "It is what it is and I really aught to be getting home."

"Then go home." He deadpanned.

I stood slowly, making my way around the desk, ignoring his frown as I sat on the arm of his chair, hand running through his thick black hair, "Surly you can find a way to entertain your guest as she waits."

"Noviana." He warned.

"Sebastian." I breathed out softly, "why such restraint. When we both know how much we enjoy the mutual pleasure."

"I am a king." He rumbled back, "this entire city is my pack, I have a responsibility."

"You are a dying man and I am a beautiful woman." I kissed his jaw just below his ear, "why not enjoy the fine spiritual wine of pleasure?"

He set the papers on his desk, looking me over, "do you always need to get me naked?"

"Thats when I have the most use for you and you for me."

He stood from his seat, holding out a hand, "come Noviana."

I stared at it, "that is the goal but it appears you have other ideas."

"I am not playing with you in my place of work."

"To the bedroom then?"

"No. He replied cooly, as we stared from the room, "I need to speak with you without your trying to seduce me."

"That is unlikely."

"I figured, yet also decided you would be less likely to succeed if we were walking and not confined in a small space."

I nodded slightly, "I see. What is it you wish to speak about."

"You desire children?"

"I assure you it is not my time in my cycle where conception is possible."

He frowned a bit, "that wasn't my question Noviana."

"Nova." I corrected, "and one day I would enjoy having spawn of my own I believe. With the right specimen of male. Intercourse is not even required."

He looked at me for a moment as if I had grown a second head and third breast, "intercourse not required...for your pregnancy?"

"Yes." I confirmed, "as I previously noted my lust only seems to spark in your presence, i shall simply collect a sample of an attractive and powerful male from select species and insert-"

"Okay. I'm going to stop you there. Nova, what will your child be?"

"What do you mean?"