Ch 1: I'm not Dead yet

Sebastian POV

"Absolutely not." I growled out.

"But...she cat be useful to us...we are struggling, that you cannot deny."

"It is our sworn duty to hunt creatures like her and you would have us owe one a favor?!"

My beta scowled at me, "no. I would have us use her."

"A witch, you wish to attempt using a witch. And not just any coven witch, the banished witch."

"Well...she is the closest." He rubbed the back of his neck, "besides, who really knows why she was banished?"

I scowled, irritated, "are any of the rumors kind?"

"Well no but they are rumors."

"She. Should. Be. Dead." I growled

"But shes not, she's powerful Bash. We need powerful right? Plus again, shes the nearest witch."

"Shes a witch. Thats the problem. Tell me mason, what do we know about Witches?"

Mason practically rolled his eyes, "we know there is different classifications but they all have a nasty murder habit. That's what you're getting at. I know."

"And how many of our wolves have died trying to hunt her?"

Mason stayed silent.

"Exactly."

"...we wont be a pack for you to protect if you continue as you are. I'm not just speaking as your friend but as your beta. If you do not find your mate, you will die. We don't get eternity to look, you know that."

I sighed, leaning back in my chair, "I know Mase."

"So. Meet the witch. She can find you your mate."

"She can and will use it against me"

"Which is why we kill her after she does what we want."

I growled out a sarcastic laugh, "yes because witches are dumb enough to allow that." Slowly I rose from my chair and started out the room.

He followed me from my office, down the stairs and into the woods, "Alpha..."

"Beta."

"Where are you going?"

I turned to face him, walking backwards through the packs grounds, "hunting, care to join me?"

He groaned, "like I would let you alone right now."

I frowned at the comment but turned back around and continued on my way.

He was worried.

All the pack was worried.

A wolf only gets so many years to find its mate.

40 to be exact.

From the moment we turn 105 a clock beings.

If we do not make it to our destined lover in time, our wolf fades away.

Our wolves are our other half we cannot survive them.

We grow increasingly weaker and we die.

Mason is so worried because I'm at 39.

My wold half barely connects with me anymore.

Except in battle.

In battle we are one.

~~

Avidly ignoring my long time friend and Beta is not a simple task.