Ch 10: Sort of Like a Carriage Wreck

Sebastian POV

By the time we got to the front yard the zombie had already torn through one of my wolves.

One of my other wolves thrust a knife into its skull.

The witch slowly walked over, frowning slightly at the dead zombie before crouching by the body and tisking, "perfectly good liver bitten. Pity." Without batting a lash she burried her hand in the dead she wolfs torn open abdomen, soft sigh passing her lips, "nor can I give this one new life." Blue eyes flashing she looked to the dead zombie, "I will forgive that because you returned Grug to me but please do refrain from destroying anymore resources. Alpha king, it seems we have something that must be discussed."

"We," I snarled, "have nothing to talk about witch."

She seemed to ignore my words, instead walking through the gate of a wrought iron fence and up the cobblestone pathway to her strangely lopsided house, pulling open the grey door and glancing over her shoulder at me, eyes beckoning me forward.

"Alpha?" Mase questioned, obviously concerned.

I wasn't about to tell him the banished witch was my apparent mate.

Mason wants me to live more than anyone, he would think I should attempt to use her to survive.

The idea of touching her made my skin crawl.

And she had already hinted at it enough already.

We started to follow her through the gate with caution, walking up the porch past a black bench swing with a back shaped like bat wings.

I opened the heavy wooden door to her home and stepped inside.

I started to turn to Mase, to warn him about being cautious for the sake of his future pup, when the door slammed and disappeared.

I snarled and slammed my fist into the wall, "Fuck!"

"Apologies alpha king." Her soft murmur rang through the dark as candles lit the room we stood, glittering off a large crystal ball, "My foyer is between dimensions and I sought it fit to release it for now. This is my parlor."

"Like I give a shit."

She peered at me through her thick lashes, her midnight blue eyes glittering.

She was like nighttime, eyes like its sky, skin like the moon and hair like the soft glow it gives to the earth.

A swirl attraction and disgust surged through me, "you're a fucking witch."

"And you are a wolf who has slaughtered countless beautiful creatures of the night." Her steps were quiet as she made her way to me, "I forgive you for such seeing as it is your duty as a wolf to balance this world."

Goosebumps broke over my skin as her fingers skimmed over my cheek, down my neck, and over my chest. "You are going to die today Noviana."

"Please." She murmured, "call me Nova. All those close in spirit with my own do."

I stepped back from her growling, pushing down my inner wolf, "you and I are nothing to one another Noviana."