Ch 2: Arm or Head?

Sebastian POV:

"Thirteen! Thirteen fucking Zombies!" Mason panted, throwing down the last ones corpse as I ripped open another pulling out a vial.

"All missing their hearts" I held up the tiny vial, "all with a message."

He grumbled, opening the last one.

I started removing the messages.

"So." I muttered, looking them all over, "we have hello, dying, bones, Your liver?, soul, may, I, Brain?, Large intestine?, have, Eyes?, your, Small?"

"This doesn't seem pleasant." Mase huffed.

"More reason to read it." I muttered, rearranging the scraps.

Hello dying soul, may I have your bones? Your liver? Eyes? Brain? Large intestine? Small?

"Well..." I drawled, "I don't know about you but I think she must be talking to me." I smirked a bit, "only organ of of mine a woman has ever asked me for is my cock, at least she's original."

Mason looked around us, "she sent zombies to a vampire layer, thats ballsy Alpha. It would have started a war if they leeches had been alive."

"Vampires are never alive."

"You know what I mean."

"She must know they were dead which means she was either watching us or them and knows about my issue." I cut a sharp look his direction, "still want to seek one out?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because frankly I would rather not see you die."

I sighed, looking over the papers again, "burn it all. We cant have mortals accidentally stumbling onto a field of dust and rotten bodies with their guts spilling out."

"Yes Alpha."

I surveyed the area as he got to work, wondering how far the witch was.

Depending on her power, she could be controlling those zombies from miles away.

The true question was, how did she know about me?

My gaze went to the moon, wondering not for the first time if Luna was watching.

If I asked, would she answer?

Tell me why it was we had so little time to find our mates before we died.

Why we have them at all when the reality is they could already have died in hunt before we even knew their name.

"Beautiful tonight isn't she Bash?" Mason asked from beside me pulling out a lighter, "we made her proud with this one."

"That we did Mason. Bring back part of one of the zombies for the temple."

The Temple of Luna resides at the center of my packs grounds, it is custom to bring the goddess a bit of our hunt back.

He nodded, "arm or head?"