Ch 4: Follow the Fireflies

Sebastian POV:

"Another hunt Bash? Seriously? You have more important things to be doing." Mason huffed.

I hummed a bit, waving to some children who wished us a good morning as we passed, "nothing is more important than our sworn duty to the gods."

I could feel his need to argue with me.

"Hello Alpha! Two women crooned from a small cafes porch."

I smiled over at them, pretty, young, obviously eager. If only I had the time, "lovely morning isn't it ladies?"

They nodded, the blonde with the pouty lips smiling invitingly at me, "wont you and the beta join us for a cup of tea?"

I thought on it for a second. I have always had a soft spot for pretty little blondes, especially ones already undressing me with their eyes.

And yet I was so close to the city wall I could taste the forest.

Decisions decisions...

Well, I could always stay for tea and bring her home after I returned from hunting, "alright ladies if you in-"

A scream tore through the air, followed by several more as the earth shook beneath us.

I cursed, spinning to Mason, "Mase!"

He nodded, running off the direction of the screams.

"Ladies, I'm unfortunately going to have to take a rain check on our tea."

They nodded, slightly pale as I started after Mason.

~~

"What. The. Fuck." I growled staring at the hole in the twenty foot wall, and then the creature who created it.

It was covered in wolves, both shifted and in human from. Swatting them from its body as they scrambled toward its head to remove its mark.

Only...

"Alpha.." Mason breathed.

"It has no mark. At least not on its forehead." I growled out.

Zombies with no signatures and a Golem with no mark.

The witch just attacked my pack with absolutely no care in the world.

"Shift and cover me." I barked at Mase.

He didn't even hesitate, the massive wolf on my heels as I ran head on into the battle.

The earth boomed again as the golem took a step forward. It was easily taller than the wall, how had no one seen it.

It laughed a bit and shoved a mouthful of earth in its mouth, growing larger.

Thats how.

Another laugh, "this fun! Grug likes wolf people, they don't smash like zombie!"

As if to emphasize his point he threw one of the wolves on his back into the wall.

Still giggling like some overgrown child.