Ch 14: Price

Sebastian POV

I grit my teeth as Nova snapped her fingers, her foyer and front door reappearing.

Along with it, the sound of several of my wolves trying to break into her house.

She glanced at me before shrugging slightly, "your wolves."

I stalked towards the door, throwing it open to find a panicked Mason, fist still raised and several of my wolves fighting off plants.

Giant, demonic looking plants.

I growled, sprinting into the front yard, Mase behind me, "Alpha what happened?!"

I ripped one of my wolves away from what looked to be a giant sunflower with teeth. "That's irrelevant right now Mase."

There was a quiet snap.

All the plants froze.

My gaze trailed up the cobblestones to see Noviana standing on her porch, cigarette stick in her hand as she blew out a ring of shimmering smoke. "Interesting. You lot must have stepped on some roots."

The few free wolves took a menacing step toward her.

Her big blue eyes narrowed, the midnight pools growing cold. "I can always tell my garden to resume. A few of you are trapped in toxins. I have interesting things to learn about tongues so you can either all continue being pests or you may come inside, get cured, and leave my property."

She raised the cigarette stick to her lips, inhaling softly, her breasts pushing against her dress.

Her gaze flicked to mine briefly before she walked back into her home.

The plants let my wolves go.

But several were too weak to stand on their own.

"Get them inside." I growled.

"Alpha," Mase warned, "that is risky."

"Now."

They did as ordered, the healthy taking the weight of the sick.

I held open the door, not even surprised when it disappeared behind all of us and we found ourselves in that same crystal ball room instead of the foyer.

She was sitting in a large chair, smoking still as she stared at the crystal ball, the mist swirling within, blurs if images I couldn't even begin to sort out. "Six sick?" She questioned lightly, "I must be in need of gardening. Too many venomous flowers will ruin the rest of the garden."

She gestured to an open doorway a few feet away, "through there, put them down."

"We don't-" Mase started.

"I don't care what you do or don't Mason. I have given you my word. So unless you desire these wolves to be spell fodder, that way please.

My wolves shuffled through the doorway.

Novianas hand skimmed my bare abdominals as I walked by her, "I will need the blue bottle from the top shelf."