Ch 43: A Kicked Puppy

Bash POV:

I opened the door to a silent home at the end of the night.

There was no smell of herbs or spices.

No flicker of candle light.

Noviana's elegant yet earthy scent nothing more than traces in the air. "Nova?" I called into the silence.

My footsteps echoed through the stone rooms, finding no sign of her or her golem.

In all honesty I was fool for hoping for another home cooked meal.

I closed my eyes and informed Mason through the pack link that I would be returning to the palace for dinner.

~~

Mason looked at me strangely as we sat in my private dining room, Veronica beside him cooing down at their baby. "So..." he began, "where is Noviana?"

I didn't miss Ronnys slight frown at the Mention of Nova.

"Actually. "I sighed," I was hoping you could tell me."

Mason gazed at me over his glass, "why would I know where your mate has gone to?"

I arched a brow, "you brought her here."

"No," he sighed out, "I don't know where she is, did you two have a falling out?"

I glanced at Ronny, shifting in my seat, not entirely sure I wanted to discuss this in the she wolfs presence, "we were, experimenting as Nova liked to put it."

"...experimenting?"

"With uh, another wolf."

Ronny choked on her drink, "Sebastian!"

I cringed, "I didn't want to Ronny, fuck I knew it wouldn't be good. But Novas never felt desire before me, she was interested in exploring her sexuality. I told her we could so long as we were not mated."

The she wolf looked as upset as Mason looked shocked, "she run of with the other wolf?"

I scowled, "no. She got an orgasm out of the other girl -which wasn't nearly as fun to watch as I was hoping- and then by the time the girl was trying to get in my pants, Nova realized she didn't want to share." I shook my head, "thankfully, I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to, uh, perform for another woman. But after that Nova got angry and disappeared."

Mase blinked at me "well... people always talk when they see Nova."

"They do?"

Ronny scoffed.

I ignored her.

Mason shot his mate a warning look, "shes an interesting woman, people talk. But I haven't heard anything..." he seemed cautious as stared at his plate, "perhaps she went back to her home."

Her home? "I just came from there, it was empty."

Mason smiled a bit, "not your home Bash, although interesting you consider it hers as well. I meant hers, on Willowmoon Way."