Stranger in My Arms

Start from the beginning

"Yes." He replies as he steadied Dushyant.

She had noticed him twice before, once when she had walked out of her hotel room after getting ready, she had noticed him at the lift as he was curiously watching her, then later, he had come on stage and wished her. He had intrigued her, his wish wasn't like the normal wishes people said as a formality, when he had wished her for a happy life ahead, it had felt as if he had really meant it. She wondered who he was and whether he was her parents' guest or Dushyant's. she didn't want to be rude and ask him that on his face, she had thought of asking Dushyant later, but then this had happened.

"Why are you holding me?" Dushyant asks him.

"Pull yourself together. This is not the way to behave." The man scolds him with a frown.

"I'll do whatever I want."

"No, you won't. You got a girl like her and you'll treat her with respect."

Gauri looks at the man in surprise hearing that. Maybe he was her parents' guest.

"I don't want her." Dushyant tells him furiously.

Gauri stops in shock hearing that, her heart skipping a beat. What did he mean by that?

"WHAT THE...?" she hears the stranger saying furiously.

"I love my Tia. I want to marry her. Not this Gauri." Dushyant says as he pointed at Gauri.

"What are you saying, Dushyant?" Gauri asks him shocked.

"Dadu forced me for the marriage. He said he will cut me out of the will if I didn't marry you. I don't want to marry you. I want to marry my Tia."

"What nonsense? You have no right to play with her life like this."

"What can I do? I am helpless." Dushyant says as he tried to take a sip.

Gauri furiously snatches the bottle from him. "Why didn't you say anything till now? Why wait for the last minute? Do you know what my parents would go through if they find out?"

"Do you know what I am going through?" Dushyant asks her back.

"That is not her concern."

Gauri turns to look at the man who was royally standing up for her, and though she should tell him to keep away from their matters, she felt relief to have someone speak up for her.

"Why is everyone cornering me?" Dushyant asks pissed.

"Because you are a bloody cheat."

"I didn't cheat her." Dushyant says then he qualifies, "We are not married yet."

"And once we are married?" Gauri asks him as her heart started beating fast.

"Then it would be."

"You mean to say that you would continue your affair with Tia?" he asks shocked.

"Continue? Tia is my love and she will always be my love."

He furiously grabs Dushyant's collar. "You bastard."

Gauri felt faint. She felt her world crashing. Her parents were going to be shattered. God what was she supposed to do?

"HEY! I am not a bastard, okay?"

"God! There is no use talking to you. you are too drunk."

"Well... I am supposed to marry her... I deserve to be drunk."

"You will not talk about her in that tone. You will talk of her with respect."

"What's the use?" Gauri sadly asks. "What is the use of having respect in his words when there is none in his heart?"