Stranger in My Arms

Start from the beginning

"Relax." He tells her calmly as he picked his pants from the floor. "We need to talk. But I need a shower first." He quickly pulls on his pants and turning to her, he quickly reassures her, "Don't panic, Gauri. We will talk. But I need to clear my head first."

Gauri nods her head wanting him to leave. She watched him walk to the washroom. He turned to look at her curiously midway then he hurried to take his shower. The moment, his bathroom door closed, Gauri quickly grabs her clothes, then wearing them, she runs out of his room.

Gauri closes her bedroom door and locks it. Then falling to the ground, she breaks down realizing this drunken mistaken of hers, had ruined everything. How could she marry another after what she did? She had to talk to Dushyant. Tell him what had happened. But the humiliation that would bring on her innocent parents. Her sin and they were going to be punished for it. But could she marry Dushyant with the knowledge that she had let another man touch her when she was drunk and later, when she was sober. How could she tell Dushyant that she had come undone with a simple touch of a stranger? God! A part of her told her to hide the truth while another told her to tell him the truth. What is the use? It's over. A voice whispered from somewhere inside her. Gauri frowns with that information. It's over? Yes, it was. Gauri starts breathing faster as her head cleared and she remembered everything that had happened the previous night.

The mehendi function was coming to an end with the guests leaving. Gauri was having her dinner when she notices Dushyant near the bar, drinking. She quickly turns to look at her parents and sees them busy with some relatives. She quickly leaves her plate and hurries to him.

"Dushyant." Gauri whispers to him as she stood next to him.

"Gauri?" Dushyant drunkenly looks at her.

"God, Dushyant, you are drunk." Gauri whispers scandalized as she looked at her parents again. They weren't looking at them.

"I am not." Dushyant slurs.

"How could you, Dushyant? Tomorrow is our wedding. And you are getting drunk? What do you think my parents are going to feel if they see you like that?"

"They are not looking at me."

"I am taking you to your room."

"No, I want to get drunk."

Gauri ignores him and quickly finds a cousin of hers and tells her that she is going to her room, and to inform her parents about it. Then holding Dushyant, she walks out of the venue.

"Leave me, Gauri. I told you I want to drink." Dushyant says as he took a sip from the bottle.

"Stop it, Dushyant. Give me that bottle." Gauri scolds him as she tried to get the bottle from his hand. Dushyant quickly moves it out of her reach. "This is mine."

"Dushyant, what has happened to you?" Gauri asks him worriedly. She has never seen him like this. The truth was she has rarely seen him or spoke to him. Theirs was an arranged marriage.

"Is everything alright?"

Gauri turns to the sound and find a man there.

"Yes." Gauri replies turning to walk.

"Do you need my help?" he asks again as he walked towards her.

"No, we are fine." Gauri replies as she held Dushyant and started walking.

"Leave me." Dushyant says stubbornly as he pulled away from Gauri, and he was too fast for himself and starts to fall and the man quickly holds him.

"Thank you." Gauri tells him then frowning, she asks him, "You had come for the function?"