Jimin gulps, his throat suddenly feeling dry as he nods in reply. "Yes, he looks great." He says, watching as Jungkook smiles at something Jin said, most likely a dad joke.

Hoseok chuckles slowly, drumming his fingers along Jimin's waist as he keeps his eyes on the young king. "Its too bad he's a king now. He's way out of our league."

Jimin frowns, feeling his heart crack a little. Jungkook is a King now and Jimin has to remind himself that no matter how much he wants to be friends with him, there is that wall of social status that divides them.

"But that doesn't mean we can't go up and say hi to him." Jimin gasps as Hoseok grips his wrist and pulls him towards the pit of royals, where Jungkook is the center of attention.

With each step, Jimin feels his heart lurch further and further into his stomach, practically melting with the heat that piles up in his stomach as he and Hoseok stop in front of the royals, with the doctor clearing his throat to gain their attention.

"Ah! King Jungkook, I would like for you to meet our royal doctor, Jung Hoseok." King Namjoon gestures to the doctor and both Hoseok and Jungkook lock eyes, both giving out fake smiles to each other.

King Namjoon and King Jin have no idea Jungkook and Hoseok were previously well acquainted.

"Its a pleasure to meet you." Hoseok gracefully bows, nudging Jimin on the side to do the same.

"Its an honor." Jimin nervously replies, feeling awkward he has to pretend he doesn't know Jungkook.

"You look familiar." Jungkook's mother says, looking directly at Jimin, making him feel uncomfortable under her cold gaze. "Weren't you the one who tried to kill King Taejin, The father of King Taehyung?"

"Mother." Jungkook grits through his teeth, silently scolding her with his eyes.

It's still no surprise that people remember that day. It was the worst day if Jimin's life for various reasons. But Jimin was a different person back then, a person filled with selfish and ambitious desires, both of which nearly had gotten him executed.

"Yes he is the one." King Jin speaks out, but not without tossing a hint of disgust in his tone. "Apparently he's changed." He scoffs. Jin was there too, along with Namjoon, and both are still disapproving of Jimin. They only tolerated him because of Hoseok.

"He has changed." Hoseok defends, holding Jimin close to comfort him. " Jimin is no longer a threat to anyone." He looks at Jimin with a fond expression, making Jimin's heart flutter and his face blush with a tint of pink.

"He is my boyfriend, and he's very special to me." Hoseok adds, casting a cold smile Jin and the queen. "I suggest you treat him with dignity. Offending him, offends me as well and I do believe Busan can't afford any more enemies as is."

"Would anyone like something to drink? We have the most expensive wine here, imported from Italy." King Namjoon offers, anything to break the awkward tension in the air.

"I would love a drink." The queen accepts, but not before tossing Jimin a glare, then one to Hoseok as well, then leaves with King Namjoon.

King Jin laughs out nervously, feeling flustered under Hoseok's intense staring. "Well, I'm glad you came King Jungkook. If you need anything, please ask any of the servants and they will happily oblige. Now if you'll excuse me." King Jin bows and scurries off after his husband, leaving the trio alone to finally talk.

"I'm sorry about my mother." Jungkook expresses his apologies with a small smile.

"It's fine." Jimin sighs, then looks to Hoseok with soft eyes. "Thank you for sticking up for me." He says, giving Hoseok a warm smile.