The Date II

After their outing, Hafiz drove Aliyah home. None of them said a word throughout their drive, it was as if both their mouths were sealed even though there was a storm brewing within their hearts. It was all due to a happening at the last minute of their outing.

The car came to a complete stop and the brake lights lit up red.  However, even after five minutes of parking the car, none of the doors was pushed open. Both of them stared at the faraway night sky through the wind shield.

''I am sorry about what happened'' He said his hands still resting on the stirring wheel.

''You do not have to be, it was not your fault'' She answered

''I can't help but feel guilty, now even stars are fuming at me for hurting you''

''Hhhh Aliyah finally laughed. I am not sad'' She playfully said. ''I did feel a little bad back there but I've learnt to forgive and let go of things that will hurt me''

''Really?'' He asked.

''Yeah, so worry not. It was but a passing wind to me''

''I am glad, thank you. But I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you go back in there without a bright happy smile on your face he pointed to her house.''

''Is this bright enough?'' She said forcing a smile

''Nnn..nope'' He said.

''How about now?'' The curves of her lips stretched higher than her first smile

''Ahm...not bad but I can still see pain in your beautiful eyes''

Aliyah pretended to remove something from her eyes, she then tapped down the glass and pretended to throw it away.

''I've thrown the pain away, are you satisfied now?''

''Yes'' he said smiling at her act. For some reason he kept staring at her.

''Why are you staring?''

''You look beautiful'' He spoke from the heart.

''You are flattering me with sugar coated words''

''No. You really are beautiful, the best kind of beautiful''

She turned his way only to find him still staring, their eyes met causing a fluctuation in the rhythm of their heart beats. It became faster and louder.

''Wh....what's that? ...I mean, the best kind of beautiful?''

''It means that you are not just a pretty eyes, a gorgeous smile or a moon-like face, you have a kind heart, a pure soul and an inner beauty that outflows to your surroundings. That's what makes you uniquely beautiful''

His words binded Aliyah like a spell, not even her eyes dared to blink. The first to regain their ability to move was her lips as they formed a doughnut shaped Ooh. Deep inside she was incredibly floored and it was evident on her face.

''I have to go She said stepping out of the car as she suppressed a smile.''

''Mr flirt, do not fall for beautiful things, they might break you with their hidden scars.''

''What if I healed their scars?''

''You won't be able to'' She said after letting out a heavy breath.

''Thank you for today, I am really grateful. You gave me one of my best dates ever''

''The pleasure is all mine''

"Goodnight, drive carefully and don't forget to call me When you are home

''Sure! Take care of yourself. See you at the office.''