Hide and Seek

Specialist Hospital, Therapy Unit

Sameer just arrived at the therapy unit, he looked around for Cathy but couldn't find her. So, he sat down at the waiting area around the therapists office. Bringing out his phone he began to play game with it.

Few minutes later, Dr Claire and Dr Mike came to the Waiting area.

"Good morning beautiful ladies and gentlemen" Dr. Claire greeted.

"Good morning Doctor" The voice of a group of  the group seated at the waiting area echoed together.

" Yo! Gentlemen you need no one to tell you, that you are more handsome than they are beautiful." Dr. Mike cut in with his fast black American accent.

The gentlemen present cheered to his statement.

" Gentlemen you better behave before Mama will give you some spanking right now." Dr. Claire replied "Besides We are as strong as you men are; excuse me!we are stronger"

" Never argue with them, that will always save you some strength and time" Dr. Mike said, giving up on the fight.

"You better not, because women are always right" Every body laughed.
"Let's get down to business now, please proceed to Room number three, that's our venue for the therapy. We will start in 10 minutes time." She added.

These two doctors are not the best for nothing, i mean look at how they have connected with their patients even before the session starts.

They proceeded to the office, just before Sameer entered the office Cathy arrived and they went in together. They all picked a seat each and they arranged it in a circular pattern at the center of the office. Ten minutes passed quickly and the session began.

The rules were simple, gain the confidence to tell your story, you are encouraged to tell your story however, you will not be forced to say what you don't want to say

The language is supposed to be simple and direct, no fowl language and no one was allowed to use offensive or insultive words.

"No one was is allowed to judge other people here. We all are here to heal so please don't force me to send you out" Dr. mike said. After both doctors took turn giving the group some counselling.

The first person stood up to speak

"I am Sam, 34 years old. I was living a good life before 6 years ago i got into drugs through a friend. Time went by fast and i became so in love with drugs. My addiction was giving me satisfaction at the cost my destruction, i was a fool and i realised it when it was too late... Oneday i went home with a lot of drugs, not being in my right mindset i left it on the couch and..." He was holding his tears back but to his surprise the feminine therapist told him to let it out. A few sobs he cried and continued to talk.
"My little daughter, she was only seven years old. She took a lot of the drugs...then she died. After her death her mother left me, she said it was all my fault, that i lost my job, my car and that oneday i killed our dog. She said she couldn't forgive me for this sin ..so she left and i was left all alone, soon the drugs couldn't heal my pain anymore. I have lost everything that mattered to me in this world so i decided to end my life ...on a bridge i was wanting to jump when this angel came" he pointed to Dr. Claire, the room was dead silent and now they understood why he was  silent even when they were at the waiting area.