The Unexpected

Pinky's POV

"No!" I heard Aliyah scream.

I rushed over to the door where she stood but i was too late, she was already falling like a clover to the ground. I tried to catch her but i was too late, the cop too was.

"What did you just tell her?" I yelled at the cop.

"Look i was just doing my job, the i am sorry part of which i hate the most"

I didn't care what he was saying as i kept on Slapping Aliyah's cheek.

"Wake up Aliyah, wake up, open your eyes" my voice was about to betray me for a cry.

"Why haven't you called an ambulance yet?" I said to the cop Frustrated.

"Calm down. Let's give her some first aid first. Lie her down on her back, untie her belt and raise her legs above her heart level. Before that check her breathing"

Quickly i placed my finger near her nose, fear flashed in my eyes as i began to cry.

"She isn't breathing" I said.

"Damn! she needs a CPR" the cop rushed in.

" I can do it" I stopped him from giving her a mouth to mouth resustication.

"I'll call the ambulance" He said.

I know what CPR means, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) its an emergency procedure that combines chest compressions often with artificial breaths in an effort to manually preserve intact brain function until further measures are taken to restore spontaneous blood circulation and breathing in a person who is in cardiac arrest.
Thank God i still remember my days of being first aid volunteer.

Like the procedure outlines i began to press on her chest continously
"C'mon girl breathe, breathe. Please, please, please" I pleaded, but she didn't respond to that.

After trying for some times without any improvement of her condition i knew what i had to do. I tilted her head a bit, blocked her nose, i took a deep breath and covered her mouth with mine, i emptied my lungs into hers as i hoped she breathes, she didn't.

I was more than frustrated, i got scared, nevertheless i sent in a second wave of air into her lungs
She still wasn't responding. The consequences of not restoring her flow of blood and breath for a long time could be dire, she might slips into a coma or die.

"You can't die" I pressed her chest again. "One, two, three, four" I counted with tears decorating my face.

Suddenly Aliyah took a deep breath, all the air molecules in the room surged towards her with great speed as i watched her breath coming back to her.

"Why isn't she opening her eyes?" My worry grew.

"Hey, i am going to kiss you again of you don't get up" I imagined the deadly glare she would have given me had she been awake.

I rushed to the kitchen and got some water, i sprinkled it on her face. Then, i sat beside her, i held her hand thinking of many possibilities, many memories and many dreams we had together.

I kept wondering who might have died but i couldn't connect the dots. The siren announced the arrival of the ambulance, it sound was the alarm clock that woke me up from my dilenma.

Everything seemed like a movie to me as i stepped into the ambulance, the main character of my story lied motionless on the ambulance bed, the beeps of the ventilator giving her hope.

My eyes could see only her not what the doctors were doing, it was one hell of a ride.

Specialist Hospital