Vengeance

A formation of dark clouds hovered over Suncity, in a few minutes they forced the dim evening sun into hiding. As if waiting for the sun to disappear, a lightning bolt immediately flashed across the sky, accompanied by the loud rumbles of thunder.

People ran in all directions, some wanted to reach home before the rain would start, and some searched for a shelter to keep the rain away.

"Shaaaaaaa" The Rain poured down heavily from the skies, and the strong breeze roared; as if threatening to uproot the trees and buildings that stood in its way.

Due to the unfavorable weather condition, many cars parked by the roadside,  with multiple double signals blinking incessantly, and dim headlights signifying the presence of the vehicles.

"Let's park too. It's too dangerous to continue driving in this condition." Zeenat who sat beside Oumar begged.

"If I don't find Aliyah I will not be able to face Hafiz again," He said before taking the next turn.

"If we don't find her, I will never be able to forgive myself too..." Pinky who sat in the backseat said in a more anxious voice.

"But," she continued. "Right now we can't even see the road ahead, wouldn't it be better if we wait until the weather is clear again?"

"She's right." Zeenat backed her up.

"Alright." He surrendered to the persuasion of the two.

From the time when Hafiz told him to Find Aliyah, Oumar left no stone unturned in search of her. In the process, he picked up Pinky thinking she might be able to figure out where Aliyah might be. However, all their search was futile; it seemed as if Aliyah had vanished into thin air without a trace.

"I hope she is fine wherever she is." He said before pulling up the handbrake.

Pinky buried her face beneath the soil of her palms and exhaled deeply. She blamed herself for not going to court with Aliyah, "She wouldn't have gone missing." She thought, or at least they could have been trapped together, wherever she might be.

Just then, Pinky's phone began to ring.

"It's her mom," She said flashing the caller ID for Oumar to see.

"We can't lie to her, and we can't ignore her calls either." He said.

"Talk to her," Pinky said handing over the phone to him.

He collected the phone and dialed the receive button.

"You did not find her yet, did you?" Her shaky voice asked through the phone.

"We didn't. But we still have some other places to check as soon as the rain calms a bit." Oumar replied.

"I wish there was something I could do to help," She said.

"It's okay, just keep praying for us."

"Alright, I will do just that. Thank you for your efforts."

"You don't have to thank me, we are just doing our duty."

"Hmm," She sighed helplessly before hanging up.

After she (Laila) hung up, she looked at Tariq who sat on the couch beside her. She hoped he would let her go out to search for her daughter, but she knew better that he wouldn't let her.

He leaned closer to her and placed her head on his chest.

"I know what she means to you; I love her as well. But we can't be of any help in this situation." He said wrapping his arms around her.

"I don't know what I will do if anything bad happens to her." She said letting out another wave of tears.

"Shhhh. I don't know where she is, but I am hopeful that nothing bad will happen to her, we have to be optimistic. Do you get that?"