The Beginning of Doom

Sometimes, the things we want the most in life are the ones forbidden to our destiny. And we are left with two choices, one is to accept our fate and take life as it comes.
The second option is to fight, hoping to convince our destiny to change its path. Some succeed in forging another path for their destiny, while most fail. Most fail and they eventually live in denial of their path. As such, they  get stuck at a point, not able to move on with life.

Hafiz was caught in such a dilenma. He once accepted fate when he married Maria, but now, he is determined to carve out a path for a future with Aliyah. Such a simple thing his father should have understood, that love cannot be forced. And that he was ready to fight for what he believes in, even if meant risking everything. He was never as determined to fight for something as he is to fight for Aliyah.

Everyone is a fighter when it comes to love and if you believe otherwise, it would only be because you haven't met that one person worth fighting for, that one person who got you by the heart. For, when you truly fall in love, you could flip the earth over and tear apart the skies,  you could raze down mountains and sail through the wildest storms, just to be with the one you love. And you will fight, irrespective of who stands at the other side of the battlefield, even if its your closest relations, even if it is your heart. You won't care because as they say, love is blind.

"What do you plan to do now?" Umar who sat on a chair opposite to Hafiz asked.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll just take her and leave everything behind. Find a place far from here and start a new life." Hafiz replied.

"You must be joking right?"

"I am not."

"Well. I don't think its a good idea. You might be able to leave your family behind, I don't think Aliyah will be able to do that. There are things more important than love, family is one of them."

"Hmmm. What do you think I should do now?"

"Let's be patient for a while and see how things turn out."

"Dad was yelling at me when I left the house earlier today. I don't know why  he just can't accept my choice. I'm not a kid anymore."

"Buddy, we will always be kids in their eyes. Maybe there is a reason why he is against Aliyah."

"What could that possibly be? He has no reason at all!"

"Calm down. We'll find a diplomatic way out of this situation. I will try talking to your dad."

"That's a bad idea dude. Just let it be."

As the two gentlemen conversed, random knocks resounded from the door.

"Hold on a minute." Hafiz yelled as he walked towards the door, already annoyed with the severity of the knocks.

***
In another dimension of space, Aliyah sat quitely in front of a mirror, staring into her own eyes. Though she appeared calm on the outside, she was feeling uneasy deep down. That too for an unknown reason.

When a car pulled over, Aliyah rushed to see who it was. An unpleasant surprise!

It was Maria and beside her was a man Aliyah recognized, Hafiz's father.

"What are they doing here?" She instinctively asked herself.

She picked up her phone and headed for the door. Even before reaching the door, Aliyah had already called Hafiz more than four times. She decided texted her mother when no response came from him.

"Whooo! You got this Aliyah. You've got this." She affirmed to herself before finally opening the door to her uninvited guests.

"You sure took your time." Maria said.