Songs of the past

It was already an hour After midnight. Aliyah sat by her opened window, her mortal eyes adoring the vast and beautiful starry night sky.
Ultimate silence loomed over the earth, for even the singing crickets have retired to their beds and The gentle breeze brought with it cold from mars as its mild touch caressed Aliyah's face as if consoling her lonely soul. But Aliyah was too immersed in the toughts of her past as memories danced right before her eyes, the memories of her love.

"Ever since you left, my soul finds peace only in the twinkling stars" She told the photograph kept beside her in a low tired voice, her eyes still fixed on the the sky.

The photograph which she kept such that it stared into vast nightsky too, as if it was a companion with which she watched the stars, was none other but her one true love.

Sameer!

"I miss you" She said with a hurtful voice that emanated nothing but pain.

She tried, but the cloud in her eyes could no longer hold back the rain as tears began to roll down.
She then rested her head on the flat edge of the window such that  she faced down.

"I ...mi...ss..yo.. you"
her quivering voice metamorphosed into low painful sobs, and soon she began to cry.

Naturally, we begin to forget people sometimes after their death, but sometimes the pain remains the same as we travel down the memory lane.

Poor Aliyah, love was the thorn that pierced through the balloon of her happiness.

At the same time in another place a man sweated as he struggled to wake up from a nightmare.
"No...No...No.. please don't hurt her." He desperately pleaded to someone not to do something.

"No!... Yasmeen!" He let out a scream, obviously his plea fell on deaf ears as the person proceeded with whatever it was he or she was about to do.

"No!" Hafis abruptly woke up from his nightmare. Covered in sweat he gasped for air but not even the air conditioner could quench his thirst for air.

In a room not far away from him. His loud scream woke up a couple from their sleep. The woman who was his mother, quickly turned on the light and marched towards the door.

"He is a man for goodness sake! Let him deal with his nightmares" The man who was still on his bed bellowed.

Halting her steps she spewed words at him "He might be a man but he's still my son, our son"

"Whatever you say, just turn off the light before you leave" The man didn't want to drag the issue any longer.

She turned off the light and proceeded to Hafiz's room

"Women, they act as if we fathers are heartless. Humph" He muttered to himself before sinking deeper into the hug of his bed.

"Son are you alright? Son! Open the door" She knocked impatiently on arrival.

The door was clicked open when she was about to rush back to her room for the extra key.

"Oh you scared me...Oh my God you are sweating"

She noticed the plight of her shirtless son, so She made her way into the room. Walking through the glassdoor she led him to to the balcony attached to his room. She then proceeded to fetch him a glass of water which he graciously gulped down his throat.

Being in the open, the cool breeze devoured the sweat on his body as quick as water dissolves salt.

"Same nightmares?" His mother asked as she sat beside him.

"Yes" he nodded.

"Son, that witch will never set her foot in your life again, she will never even get close to your daughter talkless of hurting her. Besides do you really believe she will hurt her own child?"