Parent Child Series 1 : Punar Vivaah

Thanks to all for voting and commenting.

"Gauri... please have a look at this profile." Pinky gently tells her as she tried to pass the laptop to her.

"You just tell me the details, Maa." Gauri replies disinterested as she changed the channel.

"His name is Omkara Singh Oberoi, he is 32 years old, and he is working as a Finance Director."

"At 32?" Gauri asks suspiciously. "Maa, you know how people lie over the matrimony site, right?"

"You think we would just decide on anyone?" Pinky asks her frowning. "I've been talking to him and Shakti did inquire about him."

"You have been talking to him?" Gauri asks surprised.

"Yes. He seems like a nice man. Will you meet him?"

"Did you tell him everything?"

"I did."

"And he has no problem?"

"He has a 4-year-old daughter, Gauri." Pinky gently tells her.

"Hmmm. What happened to his first wife?"

"Divorced. Will you meet him?" Pinky asks her again.

Gauri nods her head, not happy or sad over the prospect.

Today, Omkara Singh Oberoi was coming to meet her and Gauri was still trying to come to terms with the idea of a remarriage. If few years back someone might have told her that Daksh and she would be getting a divorce and that she would be thinking of marrying someone else she would have laughed over that with Daksh. They had been so madly in love then the desire for an child had toppled down everything and her perfect marriage had turned into a nightmare. Today, she didn't particularly want to get married but seeing that her aging parents were worrying about her future she had decided to get married for them, not for her, for them. She had loved once and lost; now she didn't have the courage to love again.

Hearing the door bell, Gauri looks up just as her parents opened the door to welcome a handsome man. She watches him curiously as he talked to her parents with a polite smile.

"Please come inside." Shakti tells him.

Nodding, Om starts walking in and Gauri notices a small girl wearing a short skirt and top with ponytail was holding his hand and looking around curiously. Her curious eyes lands on her and she smiles at Gauri. Gauri smile back at her.

"This is my daughter, Gauri." Shakti tells Om.

Om turns to look at her and gently nods his head. "Hello."

"Hello." Gauri replies.

"This is my daughter, Ruhi." Om tells her as he gently caressed Ruhi's hair.

Gauri smiles at Ruhi and Ruhi smiles back at her, "This is my Papa, Omkara Singh Oberoi." Ruhi tells Gauri since everyone had failed to introduce her father to anyone.

"They know, darling." Om gently whispers to her.

"Oh." Ruhi nods.

Shakti chuckles softly, "Please sit."

Om and Ruhi sit next to each other as Shakti, Pinky and Gauri sat opposite to them.

Shakti, Pinky and Om talked to each other while Gauri and Ruhi remained silent.

"I understand you don't have any immediate family... what about other relatives?" Shakti asks Om.

"My parents passed away few years back. I am an only son. I don't have any close family as such, just some distant relation that I meet for functions or festivals over the years." Om explains to them. "It is just Rooh and me."