Chapter 50

Holding your child for the first time is not a feeling I can describe, I can only hope everyone has this chance in life to feel this thick emotion

It may not have been the most thought out birth, but the fact Theo was able to hold me the entire time made it perfect for me.

The pain? Holy fucking shit... I'm still sore as Jane tugs away at my insides.

I've been dying inside waiting for this man to come back to me, falling apart every day I woke up without him nearby.

And I find him seconds before it happened.

They say you don't realise how much you love someone until that person is taken away.

That's how it felt for the past three months without Theo here with me.

However, if the fucker thinks for a second that I'm just letting this fly over my head, he has another fucking thing coming.

Did he sleep with that girl? Or girls?

As soon as we are out of this daze I'll be sure to have a little word with him, if he leaves again then I am completely done.

"He looks just like you." I smile up at him, Theodore has his small wrinkled fingers wrapped around Theo's index finger.

He has the same scowl as Theo.

I've seen him happy plenty of times, but the smile on his face and the way his blue eyes are melting makes me feel complete.

"You know he will get called Teddy, don't you?" Theo says, still smiling. "That was my name as a bairn."

"Bairn?" I ask, confused.

"It's what Scottish say for baby." He laughs, "I'm going to need to teach you more words so Teddy can hold up my side of the heritage."

I roll my eyes at him and lift up Theodore so he can hold him, I've never seen someone go white so fast in my life.

"You'll be OK," I say, placing him in his arms and watch him freeze.

Jane is finished whatever she was doing, the sting is there and I'm sure I might have just pushed a fucking watermelon out of me.

"Everything looks good, congratulations you two! I'll give you a minute and we can try feeding him." She beams, clapping her hands and skipping out the door.

I'm leaning up against the wall while Theo walks around the shop floor whisper some slang that makes no sense.

Something about being a belter and how he's going to be a legend like his dad.

I roll my eyes again and try to stand up.

"Wow, Zara. Be careful." Theo says, cradling Theodore with one arm and holding me up with the other, looking me up and down then slides his hand to clasp with my own.