Chapter 10

I lean against a tree once I know I'm far away from any audience, unzip my trousers and grab myself to ease the tension coursing through me

I gasp at the contact and start to circle my clit with my fingers slow, shoving in two fingers and imagining his rough hands over my body. My other hand gripping on to a branch to keep me steady.

I lose track of time as the pleasure builds up inside of me, forgetting where I am. I moan out his name when my fingers force themselves in and out, picking up the pace. My legs weaken and my body heats up, the white dots blurring my vision until I clench my eyes shut.

I open them again and see a shadow watching me, Thomas.

He stands out from the darkness with his bottom lip securely jammed between his teeth, his eyes nearly falling from his sockets at the sight of me and I know he just watched.

I pant against the tree, trying to gain some type of composure from riding my high, the culprit standing before me.

He drives me crazy all the time, I wish I could just drag him to the ground and grind on his dick until he fills me repeatedly.

"Why are you with Theo if you want me?" He says with a tone that sounds more hurt than questioning. "I was going to come and apologize to you, for kissing you. But I couldn't pull myself away from watching you. I'm sorry... but then you said my name, why?"

I stare at the ground unsure how to explain myself. I wasn't embarrassed that he watched me because I found it quite a turn on that he had. I wouldn't have stopped my actions and in the moment, I would have probably pushed his face down to me so I can have the real thing.

Which is why I need to stay away from him.

Theo and I have been amazing. Why did I just make myself cum thinking of another man and not just go have sex with my boyfriend?

When I don't answer him, he takes a deep breath, nodding to himself. "Will I ever be good enough for you? Will I ever have a chance or am I just playing with a broken toy here? You acted like a jealous bitch when Ell spoke to me, you kiss me then, this, but you can never actually be with me."

Still, I have nothing to say but stare at the ground. To be honest this very moment I would pack all my stuff and run from everything and everyone, run from all my problems. But I couldn't, I had to tackle them head-on.

"I love Theo," I tell a deflated looking Thomas.

"Do you love me?" He asks me.

I shrug.

I do love him, but I still don't know if I love him as a friend or something more.

"The difference is that I'm in love with Theo, Thomas. I really am. With you, I just get confused." I admit.

"You're in love with me too, friends don't sneak around behind their partner's back and certainly don't do what I just seen you do. This has been going on for years now and I've never even slept with you." He's standing right in front of me, begging me to admit how I really feel. "Just say it."

The walkie talkies started beeping in his pocket, meaning Drew was trying to contact us and it's my saving grace. I had no energy to deal with all this just now. Thomas rolled his eyes and walked ahead of me, walking to get a signal and meet Drew.

"You're supposed to be watching East, Thomas." He sneers, a miniature version of Theo who turns to me. "Theo is looking for you, Zara. He seems pissed off, so good luck."

Shit...

Thomas looks at me and gave me a tight smile before walking back to his guarding post. Drew eyed me suspiciously when I watch Thomas, walking into the darkness.

"What is it with you two, aren't you like best friends? What's with all the hostility lately?" He nudged me as we head back, oblivious to the real problem behind it and why my thighs were drenched from my arousal.

"He's just uptight and moody." I laugh, lying once again. Drew can be a dick at times but always asked me if I'm okay, knowing how Theo can be when he's stressed out.

"Theo wants you to swap your shift with Crawford for some reason. He's in the main tent." He points towards the large tent that stood at the far end of the camp, nerves riddled me as I walked in, met with an extremely pissed Theo sitting on a chair.

"Where the fuck were you? I tried to contact you so many times, and Thomas. Drew had to go find the two of you. Where were you? And don't lie, I know you lie to my face all the time, I'm not buttoned up the fucking back, Zara." He snaps, standing up and scowling down at me.

He knew that night I had my head falling back as Thomas had his fingers rolling around my nipple, and my hand grasps around his shaft through his trousers.

He had seen.

Why is Thomas still alive?

I struggle to find my words once again while I fumble with my fingers, lost.

"You're mine and only mine Zara, you do well to remember that. Thomas will be removed from the camp and I don't want to hear any more about it, got it?" He spat at me and pushed past, exiting the tent and leaving me shocked, downright terrified at his words.

They keep repeat in my head as I run after him.

Thomas will be removed from the camp.

I need to beg Theo to reconsider, promise I'll stay away from him if he let him stay here. Where would he go? Would Cole go too?

After spending the next hour breaking my heart to Theo, on my knees, begging him to not throw Thomas out. I would lose Cole. He gave in on the condition that we stay away from each other, for good.

He never once let on he actually knew anything was going on but I didn't want to push the matter.

I'm surprised he's even still speaking to me, never mind bringing his lips to mine and lost himself in me for the rest of the night.

As we lay cuddled up the following morning, he nudged his nose on my cheek. "Do you love him the same way you love me?" He asked calmly, not a sign of anger on his face or tone of voice.

"I love him but not the way you think, I'm crazy in love with you. Thomas is just a really close friend." I turn in his arms and push my leg between his.

He smiled and kissed me, tightened his hug.

"I'm crazy in love with you too."

I smile and I can tell he is smiling against my hair, his dove tattoo is the last thing I see before falling back to sleep.

-OLD VERSION-UNEDITED