Chapter 8

I woke up snuggled into Cole, with Thomas' hand still resting above my head, his fingers weaved in my hair

I woke up snuggled into Cole, with Thomas' hand still resting above my head, his fingers weaved in my hair. Falling asleep here was so dangerous for me. What if Theo had seen?

"Thomas... Thomas..." I whisper, trying not to wake Cole.

He groans, sitting up and rubbing his eyes with his knuckles. "Shit, we fell asleep." He jerks open the tent flaps to see the pitch black.

Fuck, I bounce out the tent and sprint to make sure Theo was asleep or at least unaware that I had just spent hours sleeping with Thomas by my side. Well, technically Cole was between us, but our legs were knotted.

Theo wasn't in the tent and I start to panic, maybe he is off planning a way to murder us both without being caught.

He wouldn't be on guard because he always had his little buddies do it, unless it was my turn, he would always try mess around with me which goes against his 'rules'.

My first time being on guard Theo and I weren't together, but he didn't leave my side, offering me help in areas I sucked at. Which, in turn, he had taught me everything I know today.

If I remember correctly, our first guard together he compared shooting a gun to sex, the more you do it, the better you get.

His mouth fell when I said I wouldn't know, and he said I didn't look like a virgin. Asshole.

I even know how to climb a damn tree. Yep, a tree.

I told him I loved waterfalls, so he wanted me to see the view of all them surrounding us and helped me to the top of one.

I panicked when I saw how far up we were, both straddling a thick trunk facing each other. He grabbed my face, told me to concentrate on him until my breathing calmed.

It worked-ish.

Then, he kissed me.

He got drunk days later, snuck into my tent and told me I needed to learn how to kiss, then he would teach me how to fuck.

The rest is history.

I wander around the camp until I have no choice but to give up. Instead of going to my own tent and waiting for Theo to return, I go back to Thomas.

"I can't find Theo anywhere, is it okay if I just wait here?"

Lately, I have struggled to keep away. I always run back when Theo is gone. Each time it was harder to break away from him, his hands exploring my body was nearly enough to make me erupt.

I lay in the middle between Cole and Thomas, on my back and staring at the roof of the tent, counting all the notches and rips that let water splash in.

I know Thomas is on his side, staring at me, searching my features like he always does. I can hear his breathing getting deeper and I realise I'm doing the exact same.