Chapter 11

Theo and I have been walking for ages, my feet are fucking killing me, and he refused to carry me on his back

We reach another abandoned small town not far from the camp but far enough to make me regret leaving.

"Grab anything you think we will need, and I'll meet you at the park in twenty." He throws me a rucksack and winks at me.

For someone who has been getting cheated on and knowing about it, he seemed downright jolly today.

Maybe it had something to do with the hour-long blowjob he got this morning, making me contemplate plastic surgery for my poor raw lips and cracked jaw.

He returned the favour, of course.

I would be lying again if I said I didn't think about Thomas the whole day, the thought of not seeing or speaking to him again was eating away at me.

I need to try and forget about him, but it was impossible, I had an urge to grab his face when I caught a glimpse of him at breakfast.

I entered a chemist and filled the bag with toothpaste, shower gel and broke into the backroom to find my pill.

I have to clean at the waterfall every morning, most of the time Theo had me bent over the rocks before most people were awake.

I've had brush my teeth with a dry toothbrush because the paste had run out a week ago. Yep, gross.

Theo shaves his face nearly every day too. Sometimes, I would help while his wandering hands would distract me, which was a stupid idea when I had a blade to his throat.

Theo came from a town that had been completely gassed out. He managed to save himself, leaving his ex-girlfriend behind when she refused to leave.

Drew mentioned that Theo was so hopelessly in love with this girl that he was considering dying with her. A girl who Theo had been with for years, and he still left her.

Drew and Alex had got him out of there, away from this girl and told him to toughen up when he felt a deep loss.

He did, a bit too much though that it turned him into the dickhead he is today.

Theo ordering me to stay away from Thomas has me drawn to him more than ever, like a child being told not to do something but the little fucker does it anyway, regardless of the outcome.

I throw some tampons and a packet of condoms into the bag, just in case I miss my pill. It happens regularly but we have been lucky enough, so far.

The thought of giving birth to Satan; the son of Theo, makes me itchy.

I met back up with him at the park, he has a Polaroid camera to hand, inspecting it thoroughly like a science project.

"Why do you have that? You don't strike me as the type for photography." I laugh as I wrap my arms around his waist and smile up to him, he's tall, so I usually break my neck to hold eye contact.