Chapter 12

Today is the day we packed up, making our way to the new and improved camp

Today is the day we packed up, making our way to the new and improved camp. It's quite a walk we have ahead of us, so we planned to get a good sleep the night before.

Theo kept me up all night, not for any sexual reasons, but to talk. He told me he wanted to lay off the leadership stuff and focus on us, try with Cole.

It was short-lived when we woke up and started ordering everyone around.

Thomas and I only shared that one moment with each other, before we agreed to end it all.

He even told me he loved me, and I said it back. I regretted my words when I went back to Theo and lay in his arms, swearing to myself that I will start being a good girlfriend.

Theo has everyone walking in pairs, him and I obviously side by side and he made sure to put Thomas at the back with fuckface Ella. Claire has Cole behind us, I felt sorry for because he won't stop whining about Thomas.

Theo's mood swings have calmed the past week, he hasn't raised his voice at me or tried to boss me around once. I can't say that for everyone else since his fist connected with one of the new guy's face last night, he told me I had nice legs and a second later his front tooth was gone.

"We secured this route the other night, you would love the view up there." He points to the top of a cliff, high up. "I promise I'll take you up, okay?" He squeezed my hand.

I ignore him, sighing and looking everywhere except at him.

"What's wrong? You look pissed." He prodded at me, looking for the reason why I've been ignoring him the past forty-five minutes now.

"I'm... frustrated," I admit.

This morning I woke to Theo's face between my legs, but it lasted a whole two minutes before he pulled himself up and fucked me. He came without me, leaving me a panting, pissed off lady. We were in a rush to finish packing but it doesn't mean you leave your girlfriend hanging.

"Zara Bell Coulter, are you hinting for me to fix the problem? Because I have a few ideas." He said with a smirk, one hand down his pants.

Why do men do that?

He searched our surroundings and I can't wait for what he has planned when he pulls us from the line of walkers.

"Claire, you lead the way. I need to go show Zara something quickly. Don't go past the station."

She raised her brow at me, knowing fine well what we are about to do.

"Yeah, okay. Just be careful and bring my girl back in one piece." She shouts back to us.

Theo takes my hand and we walk past everyone heading in the opposite direction.

We're about to pass Thomas and the tree-hugger Ella, who are holding hands, and my eyes flicker to their tangled fingers then up to Theo again.