Chapter 5

"Zara!"

"Zara!"

"Zara, wake the fuck up!" Thomas yelled at me, pulling me to my feet.

"What?"

"Where is Cole?" He questioned me.

My eyes widened as I looked around the tent.

Cole is gone.

He was sleeping right next to me.

Where is he?

Thomas looks terrified, his clothes are all bloodied and filthy.

"Where is he? We need to find him now!" I scream out and dart out the tent, throwing on my shoes as Thomas runs behind me.

"We just got here, Crawford and some of the guys went North, Claire went down to the town road. You and I can check down at the waterfall and... and... I don't fucking know!" Thomas threw his hands up, breathing rapidly, "We need to move, we don't know how long he's been gone." Panic is ripping through him.

Me? I feel numb, my stomach turning and I feel dizzy.

We yell out his name repeatedly as we ran through the camp and down over the bridge to the waterfall.

No sign of him.

We can hear faint yells from the others that scan the surrounding for him too.

"Right, you run down and I'll go up. His blanket isn't there so he has it." He grabbed the back of my head with one hand. "I promise we will find him, Zara."

I'm speechless, the idea of losing my baby brother has me sick. I have been an awful sister to him, always pushing him to the side, sending him to Thomas every time he got out of control or a dream would scare him. All the regrets are now coursing through my body and I drop to the floor and sob out.

"Cole, please come back to me!" I scream out in loud cries, repeatedly.

I manage to pull myself up, lying down and feeling sorry for myself isn't going to find him.

Then, I see it... a blue blanket with little stars on it, puddled on the grass full of mud. My heart drops.

"THOMAS!" I yell out loud enough and it takes him seconds to sprint down to me. He noticed the blanket too and grabs it out my hand.

"He wouldn't leave this here, Zara, he loves this blanket. He must be close." He searched our surroundings, stuck on where to go, where could he be?

A horrid realization had taken over me that Theo wasn't there, had he taken him? To prove a point.

"Thomas... where is Theo? What if he took him and...oh, my god." I started to panic again, dizziness taking over me as my knees drop to the ground. "What if he hurt him?"

Thomas mimicked my position. "Theo doesn't have Cole, one of the pricks from A-centre got him. They have him, Zara." I shake my head, confused. So, Theo didn't have Cole then, where was he?