Chapter 15

Keep walking

Keep walking. Keep fucking walking. Inner Z isn't handling this very well, the annoying voice in my head is yelling at me to grab my plastic bag and walk out the door.

Why can't I move?

Is it the feeling of him so close to me?

Could it be the sensation I feel when his hands slowly move up my arms, hairs raising from his soft touch?

Maybe I'm frozen because for the first time in hours, a battle isn't brewing in my head about Theo. It's replaced with a separate battle, one I am prepared to win.

"Thomas, you need to stop." I try to take a step but he grabs my hips and pulls my back to his chest.

I close my eyes, weighing up my options.

If I fall back into this vicious circle, Thomas will end up heartbroken. If I stop this now then there is still a chance that we can be friends and my relationship with Theo could work.

I want it to work.

A low hum rumbles in his throat, hands gripping me firmer, hot burst of his breath fanning the side of my face as he drops his head and starts to kiss the delicate skin.

"I can't keep doing this to Theo." I push his hands off and step to the side, locking my arms in front of me. "You have a girlfriend now too."

"When did that stop you?"

When I realized how much I loved Theo.

"I love him," I say, straight-faced. "I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"It's a bit too late for that, don't you think? You apparently loved him all the times you had your tongue down my throat. What changed?"

When I found out I could lose him.

"I'm leaving." I head for the door, failing when his hand wraps around my wrist and pulls me to him once more. "Let go," I warn him, using my free hand to lift my bag of clothes, washbag still hooked onto my arm.

The corner of his lip curls up, showing the perfect dimple to pop out. His other arm wraps around the bottom of my back, lowering his forehead against mine. "I don't want this to be done."

Do not even think about it, Zara!

If I end this now, all together, I can walk out of here and wait for Theo. I can tell him everything that I've done behind his back, empty this horrid twisted feeling of regret by telling him everything.

"Thomas-" he cuts me off, hungry lips on mine, taking a few steps forward until my back hits the wall, grabbing the back of my thighs and lifting me, pinning me to the tiles by his hips.

He brought a hand up to the side of my face, still urging me to kiss him back. "Come on, Zara." he groaned against my closed lips.

My towel falls and I gasp, completely exposed to him. Thomas placed me down, lifting the towel up and wrapping it around me.