Chapter 36

"It's just down this hill, watch your step," Thomas says over his shoulder as we descend down the steepest hill I've ever been on, one misplaced foot and I'm dead for sure

We started walking yesterday afternoon when I felt better, it took a few days for my mind to stop playing tricks on me.

Cole no longer visited me and gushed about going swimming, it was always swimming, always the same things he said while wearing his ripped up avengers pyjamas soaked in blood.

Thomas had his arms draped over me every night and his head was in my hair, him breathing down my neck wasn't helping the every growing arousal deep within me.

We kissed, a lot. I wanted more but he told me he wanted me to feel myself again and that we had plenty of time.

I respect that, he doesn't want to push things and part of me is happy because as much as my mind isn't playing with me as much anymore, I still see something every time he's close to me.

As if I were thinking of someone else, was I?

When we lay down I wrapped a blanket over me, the temperature dropped considerably and I was shaking. It wasn't Thomas cocooning me that made me feel at ease, it was a familiar scent from the blanket.

The sexual tension is there though, I would let him ride me into next week if we weren't on a hill nearly falling to our deaths.

We reach the bottom and Thomas takes my hand, his fingers intertwined in mine. I look down at our hands and smile, I want this.

"Everyone that had run when Mac came to the camp, the one we found Adrianna in, they found this town hall unlocked, so we can go there until we figure out our next step." He plants a kiss on the top of my hand. "I've been looking for you for so long, now I have you back you aren't leaving my side."

"Everything is just so... confusing to me between us," I confess. I know we have a connection and history together but I can't help the feeling that I'm missing something.

"What's confusing? We've been doing this back and forth thing between Th-"

"My head is just foggy with everything, it will all come back to me." I smile, cutting him off.

He nods and we make our way to this town hall he told me about.

The walls were white and dirty, two double doors coated in mud at the entrance. It's quite busy with people, children are running around playing at the front and I try to see if I can spot Cole.

"Is Cole here? Who was watching him while you were looking for me?"

He clears his throat and nods to someone, he looks familiar. "Hey, Zara. Glad your back, we saved you a spot next to us." He says to me and pats my back.

He picks up on my lost expression, gives Thomas a strange look and introduces himself as Crawford.

The name alone rings a bell, I'm sure I remember him from another camp, he was my friend and made Cole and I giggle, a lot.