Chapter 4

"Are you OK?" Thomas asked, concerned as he swipes his thumb over my burst lip

Last night, well... Theo was unrecognizable.

I pushed him off me and told him to cut it out, screaming at him to stop grabbing my arms tightly. He dragged me to my feet, let go of me, as if to urge me out if the tent. But I had lost my balance, falling to the ground, making me hit my face hard enough that I could taste the metallic liquid filling my mouth.

He climbed on top of me again, ignoring the fact I was completely exposed to him and wrapped his hands around my neck, squeezing enough to make my eyes feel the building pressure and my lungs starting to burn.

I could feel blood trickling down my cheek from my mouth, and his eyes widen.

Then, he started begging me to stop him.

He cried for me to push him away.

His tears fell onto my face.

He dropped his head and put his cheek against my own, my blood smearing on his face. He was having an inner battle with himself, muscles tensing over his body while he begged me to run.

I could see the panic in his eyes as he pulled his face away and loosens his grip.

To my horror, he had released my neck, grabbing his gun and for a slight second, I think he was going to shoot me.

Until he turns it on himself, making me scream out and hit it out his hand.

He dropped to his knees when I threw the gun aside, he wept for his friend, begging me not to leave him and shook in my arms.

I ran as soon as he fell asleep, straight to Thomas. No matter how angry he was at me for messing with his head again, he couldn't turn me away when things with Theo got too much.

Never as much as this though.

His face had dropped when he saw what Theo had done to me. I had to try to stop him from marching over and strangling him in his sleep.

So, I spent the next few hours in his arms.

"I need to go back before he wakes up. He will go crazy if he finds me anywhere but next to him, especially in someone else's tent." I say.

He really crossed the line this time. But, I want to stay with him. My feelings for him are still the same and I need to find out what the hell is going on with him.

Thomas cupped my face with both hands. "You must be mad if you think I'm letting you go back over there." He drags himself forward, so his nose is nearly touching mine. Using his fingers to wipe away my tears. "Please don't Zara. We can run, find somewhere else. Please."

"I can't, I'm sorry." I took his hands, taking them down to his lap and squeeze them. "Thank you for everything, you really are amazing." I turn away and head back to the devil's den.