Chapter 49- Theo

I stormed out of that shithole without glancing at Zara, grabbing my shit and slamming the door on the way out

Crawford was tight on my heels and said Drew would stay behind, to keep everyone safe.

I trusted Drew with my life, Zara's and my unborn child.

For the last three months, I have tried to lure A-centre away from Zara, planting objects like a trail to make them think we are on foot together.

I'm not sure if it worked, we haven't seen anyone but I would do anything to ensure their safety.

I wouldn't be able to be there and be the man I needed to be, for her and the kid. This was the next best thing.

We have bumped into others along the way, some good and some bad.

I made sure to swerve the girls who just wanted my dick, after the last two it's safe to say I'm done with that shit, for a while anyway.

Right now, Crawford and I were at the old camp Adrianna has formed, I was last here with Zara and hiding from my three soldiers.

I remember it clear as day as if it were yesterday.

Zara was in the tent next to me because she didn't want to sleep next to me, she snuck into my sleeping bag with me when she heard them, her bare legs were up against my own and her head buried into my chest.

I could have gone out there and kicked their ass but the feeling of her against me was electric. I'm sure she felt my heart nearly taking her head clean off with how fast and heavy it went.

Right, enough soppy shit.

We got here about an hour ago and the place looked the exact same, except the small group gathered in the shower room.

I nearly packed my shit back up and left when I walked in, everyone in sleeping bags and plates around with tinned food shared between them.

I very nearly didn't notice the girl who sat up and screw her eyes at me.

"Theo? Oh my god! Is that really you?" She croaked, pushing off her blankets and running right into me with her arms wrapped around my neck.

I stand frozen, hands outright so I don't embrace her back.

Her dirty blonde hair was longer, eyes darker and her clothes that screamed that she wasn't the innocent, vanilla sex loving girl I once loved.

Yep, ladies and gentlemen. May I introduce you to, Cara, my ex-girlfriend, who should be dead.

"Cara, let go of me," I say, not meaning to come across as a dick but I didn't want her all over me.

She steps back and takes in my weak expression and looks me up and down. "You aren't happy to see me? Haven't you been searching for me for the past few years?"