Chapter 30

It's been over a week and my dad has still not given me any sort of explanation

It's been over a week and my dad has still not given me any sort of explanation. He was dead, we mourned him, we had a funeral and we tried to move on.

Now he stands next to me, his hand firmly gripping my arm and walking me out the door and down some stairs to a dark, damp smelling room.

This is the same room I've been dragged down every day now. I know exactly what to expect and it's always the same person who does it.

Each time I feel like I lose part of myself, like a distant memory. I'm finding it harder to remember small details, like the smell of my mother's cooking, it's vanished.

My plan today is to try to get the name to match the face, always wearing a mask to hide his identity but he wears a badge that always flaps over my face while his hands are wrapped around my throat. I've never gotten a clear image, not that I remember anyway.

It's the same process, I'm injected with something dark that makes me weak and shit-loads of bricks are placed all over my body, the pressure causing me to struggle to get a breath.

My dad would stand aside and watch, he fucking watched as I blacked out time and time again, not trying to help me at all and repeats the words 'break, Zara, break.'

Break? I'm about to break his fucking face if I ever get out of these restraints strapping me to the cold metal table.

He never answered any of my questions, he even sat there while I screamed at him that his daughter was dead, he didn't bat an eyelid.

He probably doesn't care that Cole is out there somewhere.

I hope Thomas has him, he will be terrified.

Mac was there one of the days, in the small cramped up room, he stood side by side with my dad and they laughed in deep conversation. I couldn't hear them because the masked man had wires all over me, I usually blacked out seconds after I heard the buzzer starting.

I did overhear a conversation about Thomas, he never made it here, he is out there, free.

Part of me wants him to break me out of here and find a way out of these walls, another part of me wants Thomas to run as fast as he can and never look back.

I missed him, a lot.

I feel like I'm losing my mind, moments I float away and forget myself and the feeling is replaced by rage, the seeping rage that has me feeling invincible.

Obviously not invincible enough since I can't pull apart these stupid fucking metal bars enclosing me in this box.

I felt emotional too, like I was missing something, someone.

But who? I have Thomas, who am I missing?

I can barely think back to how I even got here.

My thoughts are interrupted by a man clearing his throat above me, he places an oxygen mask over my face and tells me to count to twenty.

Fuck off.

......

I'm not too sure if they are aware but I'm still conscious, I can't move nor speak. I'm trying to tell them but no sound comes out.

All three of them unhook me and lift me up and walk towards a metal capsule with a glass panel on it.

"Don't leave her in there too long, she's still my baby girl, Mac." I hear my dad say, his voice laced with worry.

Worry? He doesn't give a shit about me.

The other one is Scottish, weird. There arent many Scottish around here.

Where is here?

My vision is blurry and slow but I can see it, the name badge flashing in my face.

This fucker has the bluest eyes I have ever seen, blonde hair and a swollen black eye. The name is so fuzzy but I have a rough image of what he looks like.

It's a shame that I'm going to kill him because he is hot.

Shut up Zara, you have Thomas. I tell myself.

I keep picturing Thomas' hands on me, caressing me in the shower at my house. I keep trying to figure out if this was recent or a distant memory from when we were fresher and in school.

But we didn't sleep together until recently, right?

I keep having these flashbacks with the two of us, one in some deteriorating diner and another in a cave. They are surging my brain enough to make me cry out internally.

I hadn't been paying attention, or, I was and can't process shit properly but I feel cold liquid at my feet, ice-cold water rising up.

My clothes are also on the other side of the glass.

Shit. My hands fly up the to window and I try to slam it with my fist but it's no use. I can barely move my body, I'm strapped against the rear of the capsule.

The weakness is getting stronger and pulling me away from reality, floating in some sort of oblivious, conscious state.

I see Thomas and Cole, splashing around in the water and shrieking my name. To begin with, it's cheerful and full of contentment, slowly turning to total terror and darkness.

Thomas is reaching for me, Cole is no longer next to him.

His hand is inches from my face when he vanishes and I'm pulled from the capsule by my dad.

"Fucking hell, I said not too long!!"

"Uck, what's a few more minute gonna fucking do Finlay!" Mac snickered above us, his face hovering over me rubbing his dirty beard.

"I think we need to go harder, more intensity." He suggests to my dad, who is shaking his head and cradling me against him. I didn't notice he wrapped his coat around my exposed body either.

"Mac, this is where I draw the line. It doesn't work on her."

"We can't use the probes on her because....."

It goes silent.

A few minutes pass and I hear them discussing other ways not to harm the two of us.

Two of us?

I can hardly hear them anymore, I can feel myself drifting off from drowsiness. My chest is heavy and sore, from the freezing cold water engulfing me that I don't even recall, but I know it happened.

And it's this blonde-haired, blue-eyed man who done it all. Mac and my dad may have authorized it, but this man performed it.

I'm hoisted by him and carried back to my 'cage' as my dad calls it, while they find another way to do whatever it is they are striving to do.

Who else is here, if they need to find a way not to harm the two of us. Is Cole here? I hope not.

"Wh...when I get out of here....I'm...I'm gonna kill you..." I warned him, not opening my eyes to him until he is placing me on a mattress.

"Good luck."

Even his voice sounds horrendous.

Then I see it, clear as day, right in front of my face as if he wants me to know who he is.

His name is Theo, Theo Dawson.

When the time is right and I have the opportunity to...

I'm going to fucking destroy Theo Dawson.

If anyone is confused at this... they are wiping her memory and she no longer knows Cole is dead and who Theo is but she confused her with memories of the two of them and thinks it's Thomas she's with. If you are still lost then I will happily try to explain more.

-OLD VERSION-UNEDITED