I interjected. "You were dead to me, gone, boom, done."

"Obviously not, I'm right fucking here." She yells, waking a few of her followers up.

"Cara? Who's this?" One says.

"Oh, this is my boyfriend I was telling you about. This is who we have been looking for."

"You were dead," I said slowly, not letting her finish.

If this were a few years ago I would have scooped her up off the ground, kissed her and would never have let her go again.

Probably try to fuck her too but she would have told me no.

I mean, I'm glad she isn't dead, I'm not a total prick.

"I'm not your boyfriend anymore, Cara." I barely got to finish before her hand flies up and slaps me hard across my face, sure to leave a red print.

If she were a dude, I would snap his fucking neck for this shit.

I get it, she's upset but hitting me will get her nowhere. She did plenty of that when we were actually together, sometimes I got hit with objects too.

"You left me! You left me to fucking die and now you're breaking up with me when we eventually find each other again. You are unbelievable, Theo." She screams in my face and I take a few steps back, she is just as psychotic as ever.

"You decided to stay. I didn't leave you." I shrugged.

Crawford walks in with a bag of paperwork in one hand and a picture on the other.

I look down and see that its the picture of Zara, one I took on our day out.

"Fucking hell, Cara! Where you been girl." Crawford says as he embraces her, handing me the bag and picture.

They always had a good friendship, he was always taking her side of things to calm her down and even took her out for me when I was too drunk.

We had a pretty toxic relationship, Cara and I. She attacked me on a regular basis and in turn, I would go fuck girls to piss her off, not that it makes me a better person than her but I was a prick.

The first date I took her on, I drove to the top of a cliff and we watched the sun go down while our tongues were down each other throats, I tried to undo her buttons on her top and she slapped me.

That should have been the first warning that she had anger issues. I fucked her during a drunken sex fest days prior so it's not like I hadn't been there already.

She was majoring in some art bullshit, I never took any interest in her work because, in all honesty, it looked shit.

The second night I managed to get my dick wet, we were both drunk, in the back of her dad's car that was parked in her garage.

She sucked my dick and I took the opportunity to slide a finger in, then another, then my dick.

We were reckless that night, no condom, no direction on how to pull out fast enough because I was so fucked up.

We had a horrible two weeks of waiting for her monthly shit to appear, when it did, I was the happiest man on the planet and for some reason, she cried.

Another alarm bell.

Every time I was drunk she would beg me not to wear a condom, let nature take its course.

I told her to shut up with that shit.

We were together for five months at this point, which was ridiculous for any of that bullshit to come out her mouth.