But... I'm a selfish arsehole. When the time comes I know I would die a little inside if she refused me.

I keep rehearsing things that I will do and say to her when I finally find her. Would I run at her, lift her up and kiss her, or, do I pat Thomas on the back and watch him do it for me.

Does she even know who I am? Going by the profile I found I didn't even live with her or mentioned once.

And the red X on my name at the bottom saying VOID. Wtf?

I might never have a moment with her again, if I had the chance I would lay her down on a bed with white crisp linen. Rub her body all over and kiss her stomach, working my way up to her neck where it drives her fucking nuts.

I would make love to her, over and over again then watch her sleep.

If we were in the normal world, would she still want me? Would we had even met? The thought is enough to make me cringe.

"So you four are from over at the factory? I should have known you were all snakes." One of the men said as he closed over the door, kicking our legs out the way that makes me want to snap his fucking neck.

"What fucking factory?" Thomas blurts out, his eyes formed into slits while he glares at the guy.

Yep, he grew some balls alright.

"Mind your language, boy. You won't have your lap dog with you when I deal with you." He scoffs, slapping Thomas across the face with the back of his hand and pulls up a wooden chair, sitting on it backwards.

"We are looking for them," I say before Thomas loses his marbles.

"I take it you know A-Centre moved ship to the factory then, since you were heading that way?" He asked, curious.

So they went to a factory, what factory?

He notices my confusion, chuckles to himself and rolls his eyes.

I look over at Thomas and he's looking down taking a few breathes, he's fucking raging right now.

These past few weeks have really brought Thomas out of his shell, he can stand his ground and thanks to me, he can shoot a fucking gun properly too.

I feel like a tit, chained up like a dog with these three idiots while a big prick walks around thinking he owns the place.

I'm getting the fuck out of this shithole.

I start tugging behind me while the dick had his back turned to us, looking through paperwork. I felt a crack, pulling the wood more each time I heard it.

The arsehole didn't have a chance to stop me, I was up and on top of him within seconds, laying my fist into his face until the adrenaline blinded me, or maybe it was his blood in my eyes, I'm not too sure.

Shit, is he even breathing?

I take the keys from his pocket and step over his limp body, freeing all three of them and peeking out the window to see what we are up against.

Do I think this will be easy? Nope.

I'm not confident about where the fuck we are but I see the wall is right next to us. A few pussy-looking young men are walking around with bats, pipes and anything they could get their hands on.

"We have no chance, there must be about twenty of them out there," Drew mumbles next to me, he's not wrong but I don't agree with him.

"No other option mate, let's go." Thomas scoffs and rushes out, we run out after him and tackle the first person we see.

This kid needs to slow the fuck down.

I'm ruthless as fuck and would never back down to a challenge, but Thomas, he's either desperate to get his skull kicked in or he is that desperate to get Zara back.

Crawford is nowhere to be seen when I eventually look up after knocking the shit out of fuck knows how many of them with one of their bats, Drew is losing against someone half the size of him.

Shit, I need to find Crawford.

I run towards the small building next to the hut we woke up in, he must be in there.

I kick in the door when it wouldn't open for me and run in, scanning the room that was dimly lit by candles everywhere.

Crawford emerges from a room with his finger on his lips, indicating for me to be quiet. He hands me a bit of paper with wide eyes.

What is this? I shoot him a confusing look.

It's directions, directions to get the fuck out of this prison, a tunnel that goes from a factory straight under the wall and ceases at a library on the opposite side.

The factory is small and by the looks of it, nearby.

My girl is so close to me, I will find her and tell her I'm sorry, beg her to show her I can change and be the father I never had.

Will I even say that?

I grab Crawford and we run out of the building. Drew and Thomas stand with their hands behind their heads once again with a gun pointing at them from behind.

It's that dick I thought I slaughtered earlier, fucksake.

I tucked the important document in my back pocket and pace towards him with my hands up to motion to him to calm the fuck down. Blood is dried all over his face and neck, I mentally pat myself.

Thomas, the loose cannon twisted around at supersonic speed and knocks the gun out of his hand.

That was my signal to run at him and finish him off.

Crawford and Drew are kicking into him while I hauled Thomas away and snatch the paper out my pocket.

We are close to having our heads smashed in since everyone is now running at us, he needs to get out of here.

"Thomas, look at me." I grab his chin and bring the paper to his face. "Take this, get Zara, and get the fuck out of here. She's there, get her and get out of this place." I point to where the factory is on the map and the tunnel.

"What, no! We all go together." He refuses but I push him and toss the paper at him, he takes hold of it and looks up at me.

"RUN!! NOW!!"

All I can see is my child, some little girl or boy with curly brown hair, blue eyes sitting on Zara's hip and fiddling with her hair.

What type of father would I be to not take this opportunity? The chance for my own kid to grow up in a healthy environment and not this shithole, constantly on the run from my dad.

I always knew I wouldn't get my happy ever after with her, that was always going to be Thomas. He's a decent guy who did well by Cole, looked after him like his own.

I never planned to have a kid and the thought of it made me nervous, I would fail the bairn.

But if he doesn't go now then that bairn might not see the light of day.

He takes one last look at me, nods, turns and runs.

Seconds later I'm yanked down and beaten the shit out of, but I welcome it knowing that she will be free soon enough.

I feel a club belting down on my back, my legs being hit as well.

One heavy blow to my skull.

All I can think about is her, she's looking at me. Her hair is cascading around her face as the wind blows. She's smiling at me and I try to reach out to her.

I smile back.

I just hope Thomas...

-OLD VERSION-UNEDITED